I am expecting an offer from Amazon Alexa to be a Technical Program Manager, any details on what the expected TC can be? (Break-down)
Does Amazon down level often? I have interviewed for L6 and received L5... the recruiter promised will be promoted after a year or so if perform well....
Does have competing offer help?
- Amazon makunahataRecruiter can also promise that you will become VP of Alexa in 6 months.
- Hahaahhahahhahahahaaahahhahahha. hooooo. no. L6 Sr. TPM promos may be a bit easier than L6 SDE promos but they sure as shit aren't easy and I have yet to see one happen within a year.
- This is true in theory but not always in practice. Getting promoted requires demonstrating competency at the next level consistently for 6-12 months AND having the right people at higher levels watch you do it. Getting hired at that next level only takes convincing people for a few hours of interviews. Also, at the L7 plus level there is a lot of politics involved in promos.
- Does anyone know if Amazon cares about your competing offer? (😂)
- Thank you for all the replies guys, I know the recruiter is full of shit as they don’t get control on any promo crap, they just want you in. I was wondering why all fresh MBA offered L6 :((.....
How difficult is it to be promoted at Amazon Alexa? ) I heard it grew a lot over last year in terms of size)
How does typical promotion work within Amazon? (Once a year after year end perf review?)
- I had the same experience with TPM role at alexa. Interviewed for L6, but offered L5. TC: 155k, no promise for promotion. What's your TC breakdown? Did you negotiate?
- Hi there,
They have not offered a letter, they are asking: Are you willing to take it? All interviewers loves you but think you fall short to be L6, you are very very close so I recommend you take it (L5)
What was your TC break-down, base, bonus, RSU and Sign-on etc
- Hi mats,
Does Amazon allow candidate to negotiate RSU? I have received an offer of 100 shares (5,15,40,40) and wonder if I can negotiate better
- Sounds like you either accepted already or really want to. AnyOffer is negotiable but usually only when you are willing to walk