YOE: 15 in Java, includes 8 in Android.
TC: << Peanuts >>
Coming from a non FAANG, non CS, South-Asian Immigrant Male on H1-B without a GC in 12 years as yet, Software Peasant with slightly better than decent Programming skills kinda background, how do I become a 10X Programmer, because clearly it is the rarest commodity.
1. Stakeholders are looking to switch from Akamai Identity Services to Adobe Primetime for the Popular TV Channel "Go Android App". Oh well, too late, here it is. Did you plan 4 months?? Jeez, it's a 4 second job!!!
2. Engineering Manager says, We are using a primitive MVC Architecture with a Pub-Sub model for async data-exchange, that was modeled and built like 6 months ago, and code-base is ginormous, and maintenance is a concern, and we are not up-to-date with latest JetPack Components, and Kotlin... That's right, 1 month effort to refactor, re-engineer, re-architect the entire Project Code-base, Production Ready!! Jeez, what were you afraid of? Tech Debt?? What's that??
3. Recruiter says they are looking to hire the best of the best skilled Programmer, and that I'd have to complete a sample project challenge in like 4 hours. Say, Game of Thrones Fans Android App, UI design is up to you, and here's all you need to get all the info - https://anapioficeandfire.com/
Well, before even they give me the challenge, here's the fully "Production-Ready", "state-of-the-art", "latest", "trending", "code-architecture" in 4 milli-seconds. Even weird UI functionality and behavior, like Expandable-Collapsible RecyclerViews, that's never been designed, no third-party libraries, no direct support in the Android SDK, no problemo, just a breeze!!!
TLDR :- How to match unreasonable expectations, as a decent Software Peasant, before becoming an old, obsolete commodity?
1. How do I get paid more? Master the interview for top companies in your field.
2. How do I do that for CS? Leetcode
3. How does that equate to real skill? It doesn't