I keep on seeing posts of blinders with 250-300 TC with just 3 yoe and I feel like shit.
I have 2 YOE + MSCS and TC 100.
Now moving to TC 160 soon,
But there is no way I can reach 300 in just 1 more year.
Where am I going fundamentally wrong? Or should I just accept my mediocrity ?
- Amazon ncIdjxGet off Blind if it makes you feel bad. 5yoe, 170k, idgaf what anyone else makes because my self worth isn’t defined by my paycheck.
- Fail as in lie about your tc on blind. Max your 401k, add the match as your tc. Health insurance covered by the company? Add that to your tc.Get a banana everyday? Add 10k to your tc. Use company transportation? Save 20k right there from not buying a car, add that to your tc. Get free coffee at work? Add 3k to your tc. Orca card? 1k to tc. Drink water at work, 5k.
So really, your true tc is 250kNov 289
- Lol I love that you included your height in this.
Comparison is the thief of joy. 2 years of experience making 100k is fucking phenomenal. I just joined this app but it seems like users are among the most wealthy in the country so you are comparing yourself to a select population. If you earn 100k that puts you in the top 0.1% of the world’s population. 72 times the global average.
Perspective is everything
- QA engineer at trashy company here. No bonuses, no stocks , no shit and I've been working for them in the last 4 years.
Trying to switch to a less technical or PM role with no freaking luck!
Im in NYC area so it's super expensive.
My YOE is around 5 and my TC around 82K ( Just base salary).
Hope you feel better now, man :)
- Google Neopets😍Hey man, I have barely 4 yoe 275k TC but I don’t think it really matters. It’s important to not compare on this dumbass app. Just know 160k is still amazing. Remember: TC == Stocks included of course, and that is always not as static as some may think.
- Atlassian Luffy, M.DShit, dude, I've got 17 YOE and a research track MS in CS, and I haven't broken 300k TC ever going by value of stock at time of award. I've had two years (out of 17) where my actual income beat that due to stock paying off more than expected but at neither company was that enough to average out close to 300k over the time I'm there. In one case, it wouldn't even bring me up to 150k and it was just laziness that kept me hanging out 6 years for the IPO.
My current nominal TC is close enough that if our stock stays up I'll beat 300 again next year and might make that nominal amount if our refresh and salary increase pool is good for next year.
OTOH stocks can go down, too. If someone joined FB over the summer, well...
- What’s Z ? , I am going to one of these soon, but they still won’t Pay me that much
- State Farm 599Take the good from Blind and leave the rest. It says a lot about you as a person if you let other people’s success make you sad/feel mediocre especially after knowing that there’s major differences in TC depending on CoL. Everyone’s path is different so just try your best to join FAANG if that’s what you desire.
- Don't feel badly, there's a lot of luck involved in getting to that TC, it's also highly correlated with location, NY, Boston, Bay area, seattle with some exceptions thrown in here or there. The numbers will tend to be inflated as well, a quick glance at levels.fyi shows Google at 263k for L4. If you really want to get to 300 you need to invest in yourself more, study leetcode, get competing offers, and force the comp up.