I am looking to buy a 3 row SUV for family of 3 plus parents visiting us and planning roadtrip. Dont like minivans. Already have 5 year old Acura RDX but wife uses for work
I really like Honda pilot and Mazda Cx-9 and couldnt decide between the two as honda has everything for family comfort, safety and space but Mazda is very stylish and has a feel to it although the third row is not for adults and cargo space is low.
Parents and roadtrips will be occasional. I will be riding this car to seattle downtown everyday(approx 45 minute commute one way) from where I live so I am confused if I need to tradeoff cargo space and 3 row comfort and get Mazda-CX9 as it has a better interior and price is the same. But I am also worried if I will be pressed for cargo space and adult comfort in 3rd row when we go for roadtrips with parents. I have less than 1 year kid so cant have car seat in 3rd row for few years
Can you all help recommend based on your experience?
- Lending Club Donny 2020Get your self a VW Atlas. Excellent car/track. So much space. Easy to drive. Lane and half of turning radius. Quick. Comfortable. Great tech.
- I was on the same boat couple of months ago. choose Honda, you won’t regret it
- I test drove all the crossovers within $60k range with 3rd row last year in summer in my attempt to not buy a minivan, in the end I concluded if I need 3rd row so 7/8 people can fit in then I need more cargo space which none of these crossovers have. I had Odyssey and Pacifica in my final list, while Pacifica was a great option I couldn’t trust Chrysler as a brand for a car that I will have for next 10 years (unless self driving is a reality soon) so I went with Honda. Very happy with its driving experience, technology package is among the bests and yes we as family use lol the cargo space in our trips!
- Amazon bezosusWait a couple of months for the 2020 Highlander. Kia Telluride or Hyundai Palisade look great too
- Those are not SUV’s, they are crossovers. You’re also not going to get 3 rows and meaningful cargo space on these. A road trip for a family of 3 plus parents plus stuff will be hell.
- Amazon Agent 007This.
Why do you need a car for when parents visit? Is renting an option?
Or are they staying semi-long term? That’s no longer a “visit”. If so, just buy a cheap car like a Pathfinder.
Have you checked the Audi Q7? Mazda is not super comfortable but I lean towards Pilot if these are your only 2 options.