2hr Hackerrank code test had the longest problem statement ever !!Feb 10
To give some perspective the problem was 5 full screen for a 15.6 inch laptop. The time for test 2 hrs. Is this usual these days , are you expected to read, comprehend, design and code the most efficient and effective solution in 2 hrs ?
Firm name :- Akuna Capital , Chicago
- Yes. I got 5 hr coding challenge from Hackerrank for the company I’m interviewing with..I hate Hackerrank..though the problem may be very simple, they confuse with long statements..lucky yours is two hrs..
- If a company is expecting you to do a 5 hr challenge that would be a huge red flag for me. If they can’t perform an initial screening in the more standard 2 hr time frame I probably don’t want to partake in their week long onsite.
- Sure, but in tech no one should find themselves in a position so desperate that they need to take the first thing that comes across their inbox. Sure if you’re out of work then why not work on the problem and see where it is going, but if you have a career and just looking for a change I’m taking a hard look at whether or not I want to continue pursuing a company that has no issue consuming a day of my time before they even bring me on site...really makes me wonder what they are going to expect from me when they start to actually give me money
- This is only tangentially related, but I've also had a company seek ME out to do their hackerrank. Then they'd invite me to a phone screen with a hiring manager/recruiter just to tell me they didn't have an opening yet lmao. Go figure.
- Apple 🏃♂️boyPlease do us all a favour and tell us what company it is. Others can be wary of applying to the company.
I know Palantir has a shitty online test with confusing and long winded problem statement. But it would be good to know others too.
- New New.Yes, I have seen this 2 hour coding test on hackerrank for a few companies, where understanding the question itself takes a long time. That company gave me 3 big questions in 2 hours. I would have spent over an hour in total understanding the questions. I was only able to complete 2 full questions and the third one partially. I couldn't clear that interview.
- You’re supposed to read, comprehend, and code a working solution. Getting the most optimal is secondary for the online challenge