A rockstar on my team didn't get lucky in the recent H1-B Lottery
Hi guys, need some pointers here to help retain this rockstar on my team who wasn't lucky enough to get selected in the recent H1-B lottery. Some facts, so we keep discussion focused on answering the original question, i.e. what are some options this person has to continue to work for me? (Let's say the name of this person on my team is Jane doe)
1. Jane used all the years allowed to work on OPT.
2. Jane's spous's I-140 isn't approved.
3. Jane holds Indian Passport
4. Jane already has a Post graduation degree
My company said we are out of options. Jane thinks she can enroll in another Post graduate course and continue to work 40 hours/ week under CPT.
Questions I have:
1) Jane allowed to work 40 hours/ week on a CPT during a second Post Graduation degree?
2) if not does Jane have any other options?