Leftist green deal policies is only going to lead to Trump’s re-election
- With a name like ayn rand surprised you can survive at google. A topic for another day!
- Super capitalistic. Most ppl at Google are also the same way but they pretend to be liberitsrian snowflakes. They are okay with Google stealing taxes but will be up in arms to fight income inequality. The same ppl will steal food from Google but wont put in hours at Google ngo events6d5
- You wont encourage upward mobility of minorities and the poor by taxing the shit out of everyone. Deregulate housing and schools, put more money in the pockets of everyone and opportunities will open up. Poverty rates will drop, but yes income inequality will worsen, but so what. I dont care if Bezos has billions as long as I have a good path forward neither should you a society based on envy is doomed.6d1
- @ulcM52: everytime the govt steps in it fucks up the market balance and infact rich get richer.
Eg. Govt decides to guarantee student loans. Sounds noble and should have led to fair access. But what happened? Banks did not care and started handing out loans. Universities jacked up prices for all courses even the ones that arent practical. In the end banks got richer, so did private universities. Who was left carrying the burden the students and the govt.
Take another one. Your bank account is insured upto 250K by the govt. what does that lead to? You never check how risky the bank is being with your money
Let me give you another one govt put a rule that a broker has to find the best possible price for the buyer. You would now wonder how would that lead to harm. Well any govt intervention comes with a down side and this one was exploited by HFT traders.
You can tax the rich and distribute it. To make a sizeable impac you have to tax the upper middle class too. This will lead to even more inequality. The money that the upper middle class is making will go to the poor and then these ppl will go buy the latest iphone. Just an example. Who gets the benefit of the $1000 goin to poor.. ultra wealthy owners of apple. The money from the upper middle class will find it’s way to the very top. Socialism has failed time and again. Read the impact of socialist policies in south korea or france or best Venezuela5d1
- LinkedIn URFiredDemocrats are insane. AOC's green new deal already gets support by 60+ vote. Which means 60 out of 235 Democratic congressmen/women are crazy
- We are going to build the most beautiful green new deal you’ve ever seen. And we’re going to make the rich pay for it.
Make America Clean (and decently employed) Again.
- Okta nfcI hope her plan gets lots of detailed coverage and everyone learns how much it costs and what they will have to sacrifice.
Flagged by the community.