Is adderall commonly used in the tech industry? How common is it to find faang employees using it?
TOP 33 Comments
- Micro Focus / Eng WhiskrMy friend at Google says that the only people taking adderall for work are underperforming losers who don’t know what they’re doing. None of the highly skilled engineers take performance enhancing drugs unless you classify caffeine as a drug. YMMV.
- I imagine the “my friend at Google” is an attempt to say “my brilliant friend”
How the hell does s/he know who is taking adderall?
And conversely who isn’t? Is s/he collecting urine samples in the break room (if so, seek help)
How do you separate those who have a genuine prescription from those using as an enhancer.
You surely can’t be this d**b, IRLJul 7 5
- Triggered much? He’s been there for a while and knows his team well enough to know who’s on what. It’s also easy to tell when people who don’t have ADHD are on adderall. Even if it’s not obvious, they’re vocal about it. You seem deeply hurt, I’m sorry you’re going through this.
- How to buy, but not get tricked with roofies instead, and wake up ass raped the morning after?
- Take 2:
The prevalancy of coke in the finance industry was often believed to be recreational. In fact, it’s largely because as an upper you can function for longer periods on coke with a clear mind. Finance was the king of long hours before IT took that crown.
Methamphetamines create physical stressors. Not recommended. The crawling effect is real and you often see people with deep scratches to scratch the deep/phantom itch.
E/X/Molly while effective also enhances sociability actions that would cause you issues in the workplace. It’s best used on solo tasks.
*SOME* ADHD meds have none of these side effects. Except for cost and chemical dependency. They’re almost perfect as performance enhancers (not psychoactivity inducers). Purity and accurate dosage is also a big plus.
I’ve been out of finance for almost a decade now. I have to imagine all this still holds true?
Edit: I shouldn’t generalize to all ADHD meds. The existence of Desoxyn is new to me. Other amphetamines have their place. Desoxyn seems like a redux of OxyContin (ie giving a Street drug a legal name).
In any case, be careful out there folks.
- Intel BenzyDesoxyn and Dexedrine have been around for decades. They are in the same class of amphetamine prescription drugs as Adderall & Ritalin except way back then they were mostly used as diet pills since ADHD wasn't a thing back in the 70s and 80s. Those were the pills of choice back then when we wanted to party all night long.
- Is Modafinil still a thing? I tried it once. Never considered a performance enhancer again. I was so jittery and angry. Lol.
- It had a phase where a lot of news articles were written about it.