Here is my situation:
Vested: 5000 RSU (200k)
yet to vest: 7000 RSU (3800 in next 12 months - 152k)
2.5 years on job
Uber is pre IPO so true value of stock is likely 65 per share vs 40 used for above
Pros: senior, nailed the role, resting and vesting, lots of friends
Cons: nasty culture, fallen out with some high level people, messy org, terrible perks
50k sign on
50k bonus (25%)
RSU 150k over 4 and @ 24per share
6k 401k match
Pros: great culture, recent IPO so stock set to climb, possible M&A soon, amazing food, nice team, better title, building new team, great perks
Cons: low RSU, much smaller role and scope, uncertainty about company future growth/product
As you can see I take a big financial hit by moving although there is long term potential upside.
What would some of you guys do in this situation?
Here is my situation:
- Yes, the autonomous car companies need you if you want high growth companies.
There is always Airbnb if you lile it.
Try Twilio or Twitter where need help running the place.
Heard a few months ago Twilio is running out of office space. They are growing very fast.
Dropbox will be a downgrade.Oct 14, 2018 2
- Uber’s ipo is going pump harder than $65 tbh. Stay at the Uber..just hope they have a good first quarterly and then dump
- Well it’s sort of the nature of stocks that are highly anticipated in terms of ipo. Not sure what your lockup is going to be..but you guys will pump hard if you guys have 1 good initial first quarter. Fortunately you guys have been showing your financials from what I remember up front. So you won’t get crushed by any means if your unprofitable..as long as their is positive growth you guys will skyrocket.
- Zillow Group / Eng kilmongerUber. when they IPO you'll come up big. as for the shitty culture just try to mind your business (not trying to sound like an asshole) but there's shitty people everywhere unfortunately. just be political at work and f em afterwards
- Prices in bay area dropped but there is still in increase in investment and hiring activity is descent.
I expect 10% slide in house prices and by December people who couldn't afford to buy a house can now look and see if they can afford one. You need to see that there is still a lot of demand, but open houses a few months ago were outrageous with a lot of foreign money from East Asia pouring into the market and people making offers 10% to 15% over asking price.
- Thanks for your interpretation of the data. Seems to support the general trend I’ve discussed. I have no idea where it will end. No one does. The reality is the trend has changed when everyone was convinced (12 months ago) this would continue indefinitely without a break.
A 10 % slide would be brutal, especially if the market goes sideways for years. You seem more negative than I do. And you seem to forget rates are going up eroding purchasing power. But I agree as long as the jobs and TC remain intact the damage will be limited. If not, then look out below.
By the way, lots of news out there about price reductions. Not sure where you’re getting your info from but it’s dated at best and at worst inaccurate.
- By the way, here’s the answer to the Chinese money flowing in.
- Microsoft ThxObamaWhen a company IPO’s there is a lock up period for investors, does this also apply for employees?
- Preferred stock sell common stock is locked up..thus a drop (banks, founders). Good example for shit going to hell was zynga. Ipo’ed pincus his buddies and the banks all cashed out..stock cratered to like $5 and never came back. That’s not gonna happen with Uber but seen some crazy shit m.