I can’t believe that our leadership is asking us to work outside all day in these unsafe air conditions. The smoke from the Camp Fire has completely blanketed this entire area. I cannot even see down the street because the smoke and debris in the air. I get that we have a monthly goal to make and a job to do, but c’mon Comcast, safety first!
- New GetSchwftyY’all should be wearing n94 masks or better being outside! Please wear good masks!
- Nxx rating is not for gas but for particles. 3m 9332 is clearly for particles only. Gas-rated filters/cartriges have e.g. coal in them, so they are bulky. They are often also rated for particles. So you have something that says "organic vapors + N99". These would be used e.g. in painting shops.
- What about other folks that have to work outdoors? I can’t believe I have an expensive Comcast bill to pay you to whine. Put on a damn N95 mask.
- Buy this. It helped my buddy when Vancouver was on fire: PD-100 Full Face Respirator by Parcil Distribution. 1 Year Factory Guarantee. Double Air Filter, Eye Protection, Gas Mask - Industrial Grade Quality https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BSN5NH/
- Today despite rain it touched 400
- Could be extra fun (no, not really )
HPE. Mmmmm mold spores
(See HPE 2016 Flooded..HoustonTx.you tube vid )
got hired shortly after, mold allergy lungs & throat on fire litterly couldn't talk.
Post flood the air was rife of mold spores. In all of buildings for 3 weeks of Asthma, etc allergy hell.
Camp fire , come'on that's a birthday candle compared to this... I'd imagine far shite worse air quality jobs than these.
- Minimum N95. N100 best. Today I saw mailman wearing a good N100 mask and impressed with USPS how they treat their employees.
- My poor Coworkers. Outside it's the smoke, inside it's the fumes from my rancid farts. Sorry folks!
- Uber / Engdaddy_tkWe just need Elon to come in and give everyone cars! They've got HEPA filters! </s>
- I hope this comes to bite companies that do this. Do you have any contract clauses for job safety while working in the field?
- Stay safe everyone esp those whose work require traveling. Got mail delivered to me via FedEx today and the delivery guy was not wearing a mask :( I felt so bad
- Workday tech1024I have some of the masks mentioned above (N95 and N100) and I still wouldn’t wish working outside on anyone who has one. I don’t even work for Comcast but I agree and feel you shouldn’t have to work in those conditions. I would understand maybe being required to work 1-2 hours a day in this, for critical stuff that can’t wait. But not a full work day.
- Also PLEASE bay area folks, drive with your windows UP and make sure you’re circulating air in the car
Flagged by the community.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.