What actually happens in the Airbnb bootcamp and what are the most interesting departments/teams at Airbnb to work in? I heard that Airbnb is launching a new travel product which sounds pretty interesting...
TOP 73 Comments
- Microsoft avROh i hope it isn't my startup idea i talked about during my interview.., i interviewed in 2015, went through 9 loops but ended up going to a Amazon and turning down the opportunity :), sfo office was cool.
- Bootcamp is going away soon. Regarding most interesting teams, IMO Trust is one. Service Orchestration and Service Framework (Infra) also seem to have unique and important work.
- There was a PSA on bootcamp, search for email. It’s nuanced and a good thing.
Bootcamp is a time when you’re going to learn about all of the different internal systems, architecture, tools, etc that are useful to teach to all engineers. Then there is more specific onboarding on your team.
- Airbnb HiddenonesTeam selection if you are a new grad (and maybe some experienced? Not sure). Introductions to all major teams at Airbnb so you understand company structure (and to help you navigate team matching if you're doing that). Typical corporate stuff like HR policies, intro to benefits, communications policies, career/promo system, etc. Lots of meeting with teams/managers if you're doing team mafching. Technical presentations/workshops on some major services/technologies. Fun stuff like outings in SF, a volunteer day, memes class.
- Amazon EQxM30Please give me some promotional offers or discounts in Airbnb after your join
- The travel product is only taking internal transfers who are familiar with working at Airbnb.
As for team selection, it really depends on what you have as a selection from your recruiter.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.