I heard from a friend recently that Airbnb re-engaged with him (he had turned down an offer months back) and quoted a ridiculously high comp. He wouldn't give exact values but he said they were giving numbers you'd normally see for high end of E6, but for an E5 role.
That would be higher than anything for FANG I'd ever seen on here so it sounded kinda baloney. I don't think he'd make up stuff though. Maybe they're doing aggressive hires pre IPO? Anyone inside or talked to Airbnb lately know if they jacked up comp?
- Dropbox WalkingWell, I recently received an offer from Airbnb, and when the Facebook HR heard the numbers which I haven’t negotiated yet, he was clearly surprised.
- Can you guys give us some idea how aggressive these offers are? Let’s say for a very high end E6/M1
- Here’s the deal. I had a full loop there recently and it’s honestly a really well kept secret. The culture, the perks, the people and the cash they are giving has been a well kept secret. Don’t be fooled though, the interview process and the caliber of person they are looking for is high. In my honest opinion having worked at several FAANG’s, Airbnb is unique to each and in better ways. A year before they go public is probably one of the best times to get in.
No they didn’t pay me to say this, it just seems to be a great place.
- $$$. - will buy lots of hookers + free Airbnb place to stay and make love. Perfect
- Facebook PoswcoinerAre they paying more in terms of cash or stock? The last valuation seems a bit high and with the recent correction I would personally apply a pretty big discount. I knew people who were getting 1.5m -2m stock from
Snap when it was $20 and they thought it was crazy package but now?