I have an Airbnb offer for a L5 SDE (Seattle)
I would like to know a few things about Airbnb from people who are there
1. How does review system works? Does Airbnb give stock & cash bonus at review or just stock? What's the target for L5?
2. How to value the stock on the offer?
3. What are the benefits? I'm sure I'll get this info from the recruiter soon.
Don't have numbers yet. Will update thread with numbers asap.
TC 290 K (7 YOE)
2. In your offer they will probably value it at the same value as the last funding round which was in 2017. That's the 31b valuation. Pretty good deal. It would be silly to think we haven't become more valuable since then especially considering the public news about our profitability.
3. $500/quarter to spend on the airbnb app. Rolls over indefinitely. People take some sick vacations with that. Free food/drinks/snacks. 15 days PTO + 2 week company wide holiday shut down over Xmas holiday. Mega backdoor Roth, 6% 401k match up to 50% of your salary. Great health insurance. They pay for our cell phones. Free backpack when you start (looking at you Google). In SF we get $150/month lyft credit and $100/month cummuter subsidy card for bus/trains/parking. Lots of other stuff I'm missing, ask your recruiter for more. Perks/benefits are extremely good here, much better than Uber, and we get stock refreshers unlike lyft
Hope you decide to join us :)