I have Airbnb L6 offer at 240k base $1200k/4 years vs FB E6 $200k base $800k/4 years, I like both companies, which one will work better financially in 4 years?
TOP 33 Comments
- Microsoft HeifbfisCompanies are offering you half a million and you can’t even do simple math?
- It’s not that simple, first FB is cash at each quarter, which you can invest and earn more, Airbnb is paper money until IPO; second FB is at low of the year, may have some upside in short term and Airbnb values $31b with $2.6b revenue in 2017, of course it grows faster, but still riskier.Apr 1, 2018 4
- On experience wise, both come with pros and cons, Airbnb technology stack is simpler, but I will have chance to take more responsibility since there are few new initiatives, on other side, I probably make less impact in Facebook since it’s huge now, maybe learn more on tech side, what do you guys think about impact on resume, does Airbnb eng have same reputation as google and FB?
Probably less interesting work, but huge upside after IPO. What’s your comp and level at G btw?
- Pinterest FPEO83I had offers from both. Airbnb's technical problems didn't look that challenging to me. Especially on the machine learning front. FB has a much more diverse set interesting and hard projects to work on. Something to consider.
In terms of offers, you can negotiate at least 1M stock from FB at L6 (and 100k signon).
One quick question, how did you get L6 offers being L5 at google?
- Marin Software grBW87I heard airbnb has no intention to go public anytime soon (it was in the news)
- Intuitive Surgical / Eng kbSj81moreAirbnb is over paying it looks like to snatch talent I don’t see their business have durable advantage over FB. Now again both company you chose aren’t creating any big impact to humanity or have purpose but if want to cash in then negotiate with FB and you will earn 50k worth of work life balance if you don’t have to commute to sfo
This comment was deleted by original commenter.