Its been 1.5 year since i joined amazon. I had 1yoe before joining. My tc is 147k in seattle base 125k. Is this tc correct for sde1s or my manager is lying to me. I did not get any increment this year, manager said stocks are already high.
TOP 10 Comments
- Amazon / Eng babygrinchmoreI’m in the same boat as you. Been here for a little over a year as an L4 coming in with 1.5 yrs of experience. I have no performance issues ever brought up to me but was also given no comp increase in April.
Manager is telling me to focus on my promotion to L5 which should be happening soon. That’s the only real way we will see an increase.
- Google EGiw75If you get promoted, comp band for newly promoted sde2 is around 180k with a base of 132k (roughly).
If your stock grant for next year is already about 45 to 50k you won't get anything even after promo just 8-9 k base increase.
If you want more, better start leetcoding. That's what I did.
- Facebook coffee?What’s your TC for years 3 and 4 since your stock must have gained a lot in value over the last year?
- Amazon anonmoonI must have started the same time as you. Right before my promo, my TC was 147k with 120 base. After promo my TC was 170k with 132 base. I didnt receive any more stock, they just changed the cut off to include the first half of my 3rd year vest. I'd say your manager is spot on.
- Amazon RBMY63Base is a little high, we can’t divine stock versus year 2 bonus from those numbers, so we really have no idea.
If this isn’t in the bay or NYC this seems fine from a TC perspective. It’s not high, but you will likely, in another 6 months, start reaping stock that will push you well into SDE2 band.