I know Amazon is frugal (read: stingy), but they have to have _some_ perks, right? Is there even a gym? Any local discounts? What perks can I expect in the HQ?
TOP 36 Comments
- Microsoft / Product mariolopezWhen I interviewed there as part of a cohort of new grads, our lunch was Dominoes. They didn't provide any napkins, so the coordinator had to go mooch some from a few catered lunch meetings for bigwigs.
- I can attest to this. I was supposed to go “out” for lunch during my interview recently but the lunch guy said, let’s just go to the cafeteria upstairs. Of course I was nervous af then but looking back at other companies, they treated me like I was some royalty back from the old country. Felt nice 😅
I guess they compensate you well to make up for the lack of perks. I wasn’t thoughJul 15 2
- Amazon / PR jefe_bezosCorporate discounts (generally the same that every company has), an employee retail store (it’s trash), 🍌(for everyone in Seattle), $100 annual discount in Amazon.com purchases (must spend $1000), subsidized parking (you spend $160/mo), access to internal betas (must be at the company for 1 year). Umm. That’s it.
Oh, an Orca card.
- Also 30% discount on Bose, which is pretty good and is available for all Amazon employees
- Amazon / Eng @>_I feel cheated. I didn't get lunch when I interviewed. Just Whataburger at the airport before I flew home.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- OP are you actually interested in joining amazon or did you just want to confirm more officially for fun that they don’t have many benefits
- Amazon wuw7rr6363Lol benefits.
I think a couple buildings have a gym? Heard it's not great but I guess it exists? My building definitely doesn't. I'm stuck in crackville on 3rd and Pine.
Bananas aren't a perk - they are free for everyone in Seattle.
There is free coffee but...its pretty gross. But, yeah, free.
My building technically has a ping pong table...but a couple whiners complained and now it is not allowed to be used during business hours.
Free shuttles are nice. But they dont go to every office.
Some apartment places might give a discount but they seem few and far between.
You do get 10% off your first $100 purchased on Amazon. But I mean...that's $10 so...yippee? It might be first $1000 actually...honestly cant remember.