Got selected in Amazon at Seattle. Amazon recruiter said to come up with expected TC within next two days. I wanted them to come with initial TC . What to say to make them come with TC?
Please provide some tips in negotiating the offer. Today, they confirmed SDE2
What to say expected TC for SDE2 ?
Yoe: 4 years, MS in CS
- Amazon halfasserSure shot way to negotiate is by rejecting the initial offer. But that means being in a position to walk away. If you don't have alternate offers, it is hard to negotiate. It doesn't hurt to ask for more though, some adjustments are possible if your interview feedback was positive.
- Amgen Fin4engJust ask for what is fair/market for SDE3 and make them come down from it so you anchor high. Having other offers
Will/would also help
- For sde 2, 160K base, 120 units of rsu 5/15/40/40 vest, 90K, 78K signon for years 1 and 2, that’s near the high end for non premium markets (SF, NYC)
- Amazon EFvK58I gave an expected TC and they beat it by 25% as a BIE without other offers. Close to the top of band at the time, so what you say might not matter that much - I think it really depends on how you interviewed. I'd make sure to mention the relocation you have to pay back.
- Pinger / Eng create💻They asked me for expected TC even before the onsite. Did you get that too?
- Clever Devices / Eng 72offsuitWhat type of system design concepts were tested in that session? Any specific algorithms that really applied to coding qs? I have my onsite soon