Amazon joining on H1b Receipt safe?

Amdocs dnKk06
Sep 30, 2018 38 Comments

Got TC offer of 300k from Amazon. Accepted the offer but just realized H PP is suspended. Given below situation-
1. On H with family including kids
2. I140 from current employer is approved
3. Hiring manager of Amazon not ready to wait till feb 19 after PP starts again and so asking to join based on receipt and they will file H1B on regular
4. Level 4 wage and MS degree guy here
Would you suggest joining Amazon on receipt?
If H gets rejected would I get 60 days grace period?
Thanks

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 38 Comments
  • Amazon HAzq58
    Level 4 has TC of 300k?? Which team and job family is it? More like a L6 position
    Sep 30, 2018 7
    • Amazon HAzq58
      I thought l6 offer, you can shoot for 350k-400k?
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Amdocs dnKk06
      OP
      That's not an issue I am trying to discuss
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Amazon RLRq11
      Why not ask the recruiter to match with another team as you have already cleared the bar?
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Amdocs dnKk06
      OP
      Good idea! Thanks! I will try to talk to the recruiter
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Amazon RLRq11
      Amazon always need people. Also try to find friends who are at Amazon and need L6. Manager not waiting doesn't make sense, unless he/she has deliverables and need L6.
      Sep 30, 2018
  • Aurora bystander!
    HPP? Is that an STD?
    Sep 30, 2018 6
    • Aurora bystander!
      1/2 say you should, other than 1/2 say don’t. None of them are lawyers. None really care for you.

      Some are more interested in your TC.

      Funny isn’t it?
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Amdocs dnKk06
      OP
      Yes so true! I will also post attorneys response tomorrow in this thread
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Aurora bystander!
      Please do.

      Many of us could use that information. Thank you.
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Google dyyV18
      Any news from attorneys?
      Oct 1, 2018
    • Amdocs dnKk06
      OP
      No still waiting for the response
      Oct 1, 2018
  • Autodesk wow
    I suggest you don’t change on just receipt.
    Sep 30, 2018 1
    • Amdocs dnKk06
      OP
      Thanks
      Sep 30, 2018
  • Microsoft / Eng SoulPower@
    Don't do it dude. Any tc bump isn't worth that risk. Especially with having a family here.
    Sep 30, 2018 1
    • Amdocs dnKk06
      OP
      Thanks
      Sep 30, 2018
  • Amazon / Eng 1year
    I changed on receipt and I would not suggest anyone to do it . They don’t even care replying to RFE.
    Sep 30, 2018 5
    • Microsoft Sheesha
      What happened finally? Was your transfer approved?
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Amazon / Eng 1year
      Yes eventually but after lot of effort
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Microsoft Sheesha
      Cool !! I am still thinking if I should join on receipt or not. Still giving a thought. Thanks :)
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Amazon / Eng 1year
      When I joined there was no change in rules like rejection without RFE etc .. I would say risk is more now.
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Microsoft Sheesha
      Yeah true. I am yet to talk to my attorney and recruiter about it. Will be deciding in a week.
      Sep 30, 2018
  • New oEma80
    I know a guy whose H1B was rejected when he transferred to Amazon. Just giving example. Still your choice...
    Sep 30, 2018 1
    • SAP / Eng
      Di*k

      SAP Eng

      PRE
      Tata Consultancy Services
      Di*kmore
      Why was it rejected ?
      Oct 2, 2018
  • Not worth the risk, especially when your whole family is on H. Wait for another half a year, and you will get what you deserve regardless.
    Sep 30, 2018 0
  • Amazon / Product
    DTtw27

    Amazon Product

    PRE
    Amazon
    DTtw27more
    Amazon takes care of their own. You will be taken care of in case you get rejected for h1
    Sep 30, 2018 0
  • Athenahealth 👀!-!
    Go for it man. In the worst case join India office if things turns not in favor. Good luck.
    Sep 30, 2018 3
    • Microsoft idonnoknow
      How do u know if he is from India ?
      Sep 30, 2018
    • Athenahealth 👀!-!
      I bet.
      Sep 30, 2018
    • eBay la-flame
      His English
      Sep 30, 2018
  • Ness Technologies am!sane
    If your transfer is denied and your current employer has revoked H1 you have to leave in a week. There is no 2month grace
    Sep 30, 2018 1
    • Cloudera / Eng nomicon
      Isn't there a two month grace period?
      Oct 1, 2018
  • Rubicon Project / Eng pikachu88
    Wait why can they just start the transfer now so that u can get it around January? Wouldn’t doin regular processing now be faster than waiting until mid February and doing pp?
    Sep 30, 2018 1
    • Qualcomm Receipt
      I was thinking the same but the reason H1B transfer was suspended was to allocate their resources to Cap gap cases. So we are looking at atleast till Mid Jan if you apply now.
      Sep 30, 2018
  • Ness Technologies am!sane
    Not for denial. Have to leave in a week
    Oct 1, 2018 0