Amazon offer dealine

eBay tier3
Apr 30 35 Comments

I have an L5 offer from Amazon. I just got the offer yesterday, and the recruiter says the offer is good only until April 30th as they are trying to close the position before May. I’m still waiting for my offers from other companies. How do I push the deadline?

YOY: a little over 3
TC: 180
Offer: 265 (base 150 + sign on 190 + stocks)
Org: Alexa
Location: Seattle

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 35 Comments
  • Nvidia wagecuck
    They gave you 150 rsu? That offer is insanely good!
    Apr 30 9
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      I'm getting 130
      Apr 30
    • Amazon / Product
      dreambigYo

      Amazon Product

      BIO
      Anyone Hire Product Manager :)
      dreambigYomore
      What did you mean by 190 then?
      Apr 30
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      130 stocks and 190 sign on
      Apr 30
    • Amazon / Product
      dreambigYo

      Amazon Product

      BIO
      Anyone Hire Product Manager :)
      dreambigYomore
      Oh yea 190 sign on is crazy
      Apr 30
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      Yeah, even I was surprised
      Apr 30
  • Nvidia wagecuck
    Ignore the date, don’t even mention it, I negotiated 2 weeks after the date and there was no issues.
    Apr 30 4
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      The HR has scheduled a call for tomorrow to get my decision.
      Apr 30
    • Nvidia wagecuck
      I would tell them that I don’t have a decision yet. There is a risk they might revoke but I highly doubt it based on the resources they put into doing an interview.
      Apr 30
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      Yes, I'm just worried if they will revoke
      Apr 30
    • LinkedIn / Eng Ro1cks
      Yes. Think about it : they’ve invested probably 10k or more in finding a person who can pass their interview loop. The three day thing is designed to stress you out and get you to accept. Don’t buy it. YOU are the belle of the ball now.
      Apr 30
  • Amazon @hq3
    It's a good offer. Take it
    Apr 30 3
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      I am waiting for my facebook result. Also, have Uber Google, and Airbnb on-site scheduled for the next week.
      Apr 30
    • Google L7@AWS
      Google will probably get back to you with a "you passed hiring committee but we still need executive approval" sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve this year. Good luck pushing the deadline that far back
      Apr 30
    • Nvidia wagecuck
      If your fb offer is E4 it won’t be better.
      Apr 30
  • LinkedIn / Eng Ro1cks
    How much did you Leetcode?
    Apr 30 2
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      Close to 200. Mostly mediums.
      Apr 30
    • LinkedIn / Eng Ro1cks
      Thank you - very much appreciated.
      Apr 30
  • Amazon udayshetty
    What's the breakdown ? Afaik L5 offers max TC is around 250k in Seattle.
    Apr 30 1
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      Not anymore I guess. Got this offer even without any negotiation.
      Apr 30
  • Salesforce FloorPlan
    It's good for today only?
    Apr 30 1
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      Three days including yesterday
      Apr 30
  • Amazon trailblzer
    Pretty good offer
    Apr 30 0
  • Amazon @hq3
    You can always ask for a week, not sure if they wait longer than that. You can also mention if you are waiting on another offer and need a week.
    Apr 30 0
  • Amazon @hq3
    What's the offer
    Apr 30 0
  • Simple .. Accept it and walk away if you find something better
    Apr 30 2
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      They will initiate my visa transfer. Not sure if I can again transfer it in a short time.
      Apr 30
    • Apple MbsC35
      I’m in a similar position. I have an exploding offer from Amazon. Passed google HC but stuck at team match 😕
      May 30
  • Amazon trailblzer
    Breakdown of the offer?
    Apr 30 1
    • eBay tier3
      OP
      Updated
      Apr 30
  • Glassdoor yo0oy
    It's a great offer, take it.
    Amazon's onsite is the easiest among fang, don't expect Google and Airbnb to be the same.
    Apr 30 0