1st year sign on: 36k, 2nd year sign on: 36k
Stocks: 120k (5, 15, 40, 40)
Sign on: 50k (over 2 years) + relocation 🥜
Which is better for both career and TC growth.
Edit: Amazon has revised the offer. 120k stocks and 2nd year sign on 36k. What should I do now? They said it's very rare in new grad case. MS has also increased stocks to 120k.
- Facebook fLgm03An additional difference in the comp structures is also that Msft offers a cash bonus every year (usually about 10% for the entry levels) while amazon does not
- Microsoft is not truthful in their recruitment in regards to relocating and with our current Diversity and Inclusion directives you will want Amazon if you are a white male or asian
- I don’t know what Diversity and Inclusion policy is at Amazon, but at Microsoft there are hires being made internally which are jaw dropping, people are leaving the company in some cases because upper management implemented a bonus for how diverse teams are hired, square pegs are being forced into round holes and our competitors are winning because competent talent is seeing this and going to themOct 9 2
- Ex-microsoft here, Definitely go with Amazon especially since you had a good experience with the team. Try to negotiate. Msft has some of the worst team mobility in the industry imo, requiring full interview loop to change orgs. If you end up not liking azure data you're fucked, and you really have 0 control on what team you end up on.
One thing though I believe that msft 401k match is far superior to Amazon's so take that into account for TC as well, find the details and also mention that in negotiation, amazon should offer more to make up for it
- Why the poll is skewed? The companies are so much comparable. I initially thought of going to Amazon. Please comment your suggestions with some points.
- Microsoft encryptYo how did you negotiate w MS? Email phone? What did you say? So ur original offer was not 40 and 120?
Flagged by the community.