🍌 🍌 🍌
I am all about diversity, but is MLK holiday really used more than NYE??? Really ??? I call BS, if it was the case I would have loved to see a survey where employees vote.Who has plans for the next January 21st?? Vegas anyone ? Best time to go have fun...As usual Amazon trying to score some political points on diversity, on the expense of the employees.
- McAfee JohnMcPeeThey’re trying to compensate for giving humans free bananas (which has its own racist connotations).
🍌 🍌 🍌
- Expedia 🍤tempuraThey’re doing that because it’s hard to find people to cover on calls for NYE-everyone wants to party or people combine Christmas Day off with vacation days and add New Years off to take extended leaves.
Diversity has nothing to do with it, they’re being frugal and planting a red herring so that people like you can get pissy about a reason other than shrewd corporate practices.
- They probably had to pay holiday wages(greater than usual wages) to employees working Nye which most of
Amazon does so I guess they decided to call it not a holiday. Frugality.
- Like the sentence used is what is bothering me under the why Amazon is doing this change ? : "When benchmarking which holidays Amazon observes, we determined that Martin Luther King Jr. Day was significantly more utilized than New Year’s Eve."
You are free to change your policy, just give me the real why, or don't give me any...don't BS ur employees.
- New DuQvV7xMLK day is a US Federal holiday.
NYE is not.
Private employers are free to determine what “free” paid-days they give to their employees.
- New / ITloulouMy previous employer replaced Christmas Eve by MLK. Which sucks because we had a lot of folks celebrating Christmas on that day (as opposed to Christmas day, which is when most Americans celebrate) or traveling on that day to be with their family. I don’t know many people actually doing something on MLK day, particularly something that requires some traveling.