L5 de in Amazon 2 years
130k base + 130 RSU
Will it be a good move to leave amazon at this time?
L5 de in Amazon 2 years
- Uber blank-userSeems like a step down when eBay is stagnating and Amazon is going from strength to strength
- eBay hehj63End of the day eBayis Cash cow for it's business model where as Amazon barely makes any profit
When someone says eBay is no Amazon the business models are completely different but as an end use you see both as e-commerce site
In Amazon you are a fucking slave and don't forget that. For amount of time you work with no life you are cheap labor working for pennies per hour compared to eBayMar 24, 2018 8
- Here the words from an ex Amazon I had the same thoughts as blank user before I joined eBay a year before. The only reason I wanted to move out of Amazon was they treated me like a robot in there warehouse. eBay other hand respect all employees. I reaches desk by 8.30am leaves by ~5pm. By the way I was just an intern while I was in AmazonMar 25, 2018 4
- eBay NKTM33I had offers from both amazon and ebay... chose ebay. My offer from eBay had better comp, and I liked the team more.
eBay has much better benefits than amazon (4% 401k match true up vested immediately, free breakfast, 25%/25%/25%/25% rsu vesting, yearly bonus, good work life balance, yearly stock refreshers, no on-call). I was only there 3 months when I got a raise and stock refresher which is pretty cool. Amazon benefits are so damn bad with no guaranteed annual bonus/refreshers
I do think amazon has much more prestige in the name and maybe more interesting work depending on team. Also seems like the stock has more growth potential. Both companies imo are tier2 and people still want to go to g/fb
- eBay DFQW81Worked at both places. I like eBay better. While I don't care for upper-middle management, there's some really great teams and managers here. The teams at Amazon are more mature so there's less opportunity to influence change, whereas at eBay there's plenty of opportunity. I also like how diverse (not just in skin color, but in background, skills, lifestyle) eBay is, and I've managed to find good mentors here whereas at Amazon I had a lot of difficulty finding someone who suited me.
Also very understanding managers for shitty life situations and FMLA. I've seen at least two people have their health get ruined while working at Amazon, switch to eBay and take advantage of the slower pace and understanding managers to get better and now they feel very indebted to the organization and manager.
I've realized company doesn't matter that much, whereas your manager matters a lot. If you like the team and feel like the manager will help you grow, take it up by all means. Don't get distracted by big picture stuff because more often than not, it doesn't matter.
- eBay lgBm48I had offers from eBay, Amazon, and Uber (Pittsburgh). Joined eBay 6 months back. TC 50% more than rest 2, and huge learning curve with one of the best work life balance. Ebay is going through a big transformation in its tech stack and that’s really paying them off.
- eBay Vpuq41Good Amazon engineers can thrive at eBay and it works both ways - they bring good skills and in return they get a much healthier work-life balance. The eBay business will remain strong as long as eBay treats sellers well. Sellers hate Amazon with a passion but its a necessary evil; in comparison they love eBay as it doesn’t compete with them.
- eBay yvAT53155k base is where salary for MTS1 starts
If you feel you deserve median or above median salary MTS1 role then definitely ask for more