How similar are the leadership principles and cultural values between amazon and FB?
TOP 19 Comments
- Microsoft / Eng Dhu5xS2You don't need to memorize the leadership principles at FB.
- Amazon undertakerIn amazon you have to perform like a person one level up to you to be called a good performer
- In FB, only one rule: make manager like you. Not sure how Amazon works
- My opinion is Amazon is mostly the same - making your manager like you is the primary key to at least short term "career success" - but you generally need to get most people outside your team to hate you (or like you so much to go out of their way to help you/your manager).Dec 12, 2017 1
- Amazon is all about you taking ownership of your job and career path. If you are a doer and have no problem leading and taking initiative then you will love it. If you want to do as little as possible and “survive” then of course you won’t enjoy your stay — go to MS :)
- Facebook / Other otpe60moreI was at Amazon and FB now, perks are nicer at FB and you can easily get promoted from E3 -E5 in say record 3 years.