Official offer with deadline
Amazon base :145k bonus:100k(first and second year) shares: 85 (Seattle) SDE2
Google: base: 155k , equity: 250k bonus:22k (Bay Area) L4
Both company said this is final max they can .
Is there room for further negotiation ?
Please let me know your thoughts
- Amazon qwert5Your money will go further in Seattle and stock growth could push your TC, but go to Google.
Yes I’ve seen much higher L5 offers but with 4 YOE it’ll be tough
- Choose Google over Amazon any day. There is room for negotiation with Google if you can get competing offers from Facebook or airbnb
- Uber vаrIt looks like you are optimizing for TC which is the wrong thing to do with just 4 yoe. You should look at the work you will be doing at both places and pick one that will grow you more in your career. The high TC will follow.
- I would go to Google just for the reason that their refreshers are fair. Amazon probably won’t give you refreshers until your 5th year. More info in my post below.
Check out this post! "How “refreshers” work at Amazon (Compensation)"
- Amazon / Eng sozeb ffejThe Amazon offer is very strong. I don't doubt they will have a hard time going any higher.
- New / IT x314159Amazon has a max salary then the stock grants was solution architect there. I’d rather have gone with google.
- Amazon zavV44“Room for growth” is the response they’re taught in training, and it’s a flat out lie. You won’t see a “real” pay increase at Amazon until you are promoted. FYI, average raise was around 1% this year (>1.5 for top performers). Either get the comp you want up front or know that it’s never coming.
- Both offers look good. I chose Google when facing the same choice.
Like TC and WLB. Everything else not so much...
- Walmart.com / Eng QXHR44I would choose Google, simply because you get the same if not a little bit more level of stress than Walmart.
Amazon is pretty toxic.
- I believe your Google stock will vest monthly. Consider that as well.