I am wondering if there are any clear differences between Amazon and Salesforce perks and benefits considering TC is same with identical base salary
TOP 63 Comments
- Avoid Amazon like the plague. It’s the Walmart of the tech world.
The people working there aren’t that smart and management is the worst I’ve ever seen in my life (and I used to wait tables where management was downright atrocious)
- If you’re early in your career and simply want to learn, I think Amazon can give you a better opportunity to learn.
If you’re already mid career then just go Salesforce and take it easy.
- Amazon has more potential to give you a better career trajectory in my opinion. You can join, work hard for a few years and try to transition into say Google.
Salesforce has better benefits, but if your long term goal is to end up in a prestigious/big brand company like G or FB... Amazon is a better stepping stone.May 25 3
- I don't think the analysis mentioned by forever25 is true. Try searching but ive seen Amazon folks not even getting calls from other companies. (There was a blind thread about the same)
I don't have anything against Amazon but I feel they don't treat their employees well.
If going to Google is ones ambition then it doesn't matter which company you'd end up taking. Google gives calls for everyone.
- Amazon anw2BwmYou come to Amazon to work. TC is case by case (slightly lower than G/FB/N but def better than say Tesla, PayPal, IBM, Cisco). Bad wlb. But yeah its AWS, amazon.com, and Alexa. A lot of stuff to see
- Salesforce has annual bonus, espp with 1 year look back. Go to getsalesforcebenefits.com to see which benefits you would use.
- There’s a 10625 cap per 6 month period. It’s 15 percent discount on the lowest price at the beginning of or end of the first 6 month period. Then in the end of the next 6 month period, it’s 15% off the price of stock of the lowest price at the beginning, middle or end of the 1 year period.
Wlb, friendly folks,
Stocked snack options (fruits, breakfast, coconut water, brewed tea in tower, ice cream etc)
Company's mobile phone,
Wellness 100$ credit for gym etc
Love their Salesforce Tower office (20th floor)
Barista for free coffee (not the crappy break room ones)
Most important perk, they treat you like a person :)
- Most of you saying SF is better. How do you compare this with LinkedIn for Product role?
- I am bit surprised people comparing between SF and Amazon, I wrote a post sometime back comparing Sf and LinkedIn and people almost laughed at me, what's going on
- @leane I am not from Bay area but planning to move. I have offers from Amazon and Salesforce for research position. Amazon is well known in the world as a brand compared to Salesforce. Salesforce is well known for its WLB.
I got benefits documents of both Amazon and Salesforce. Since I am not much familiar with the corporate setup, I could not find much different in both benefit documents.
I will look up at your Salesforce vs. Linkedin post