Americans, which immigrant groups do you perceive as the biggest threat?Dec 6
US-born citizens only. Historically, Americans perceive immigrants as threat to their job security and national security. Of all the largest immigrat groups in past 20 years, which one group do you perceive as the biggest threat?
- Intuit Nulla511I'm Canadian born and my response to it is?.. DAFUQ IS WRONG WITH YOU??? I fear people who are afraid of immigrants.
- Credit Karma EllisDee25Here are the stats, Verizon, right side up. You do realize you’ve been reading them while standing on your head.
- Sure, but the reality now is whoever was born in America is American. if economy is good and citizens all get good jobs and live happy lives, immigrants are welcomed. Things turn sour when local people lose jobs or don't get the job they expect. Immigrants are the first to be blamed.
- The point being that every "American" was and is an immigrant at one point. Unfortunately there's a long history of more established immigrants blaming newer ones for their misfortunes, since they are no longer competitive economically. Quite childish behavior. If the market values your labor less then you either step your game up or shutup and quit being a bigot...Dec 61
- There should be an option for 1st generation Americans. It will be the most popular.
- Dylan Roof, Nikolas Cruz, Stephen Paddock, Adam Lamza.. the list goes on
- It's you who doesn't have the basic understanding... Illegals work for pay and conditions (no benefits, worker protections, and hours) that citizens don't want to work for clearly, in order to attract citizens they would have to pay more, thus increasing the cost of goods and services...
- Salesforce / EngboohoohoohSo did slaves. And some industries suffered when slavery was abolished.
It does not mean we should support industries hiring people who reside in the country illegally, without legal protection, at under legal minimum wage and without benefits.
If you are dense enough to not understand why all this bad you can as well start fighting for the return of slavery.
- It's clearly not a black and white issue. People are willing to risk life and limb to come over and work in the states illegally (ex: the so called migrant Caravan from southern America), cause even all the perils of illegal labor are still better than working at their native countries. Industries and employers are just as guilty for employing illegals to reduce their labor costs. Americans benefit from cheaper goods and service costs. Of course, illegal immigrants slap everyone who's immigrated legally in the face in the process.
- New Ex bankerWell, Africans and Latin Americans have lower IQs than Asians. Switch to merit immigration and eliminate visa lotteries and chain migration.
- I highly doubt it will happen. According to the poll, the so-called higher IQ Asians are perceived as bigger threat for Americans because they are robbing jobs from Americans. So Africans and Latin Americans, who do the work that no American wants to do, are more welcomed than Asians, who are robbing high paying jobs that every American wants to do, in the US.Dec 90
- Google / Othersnidelymore