I'm at $400k... Most I've ever made.
But I feel like my only options after this are big tech companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon. Just stuck at another company where I'm a pair of hands.
I miss working at a startup where I have a big impact. Even smaller tech companies can't compare with compensation. At a similar role with Zillow, got up to $200k. Offerup, tableau, a bunch of agencies can't compare in compensation either.
What are your thoughts people of Blind?
I'm at $400k... Most I've ever made.
- CoreLogic / Product Xzyabcmore$400k and you’re not happy. Time to work on your personal life.
- I'm L66 at Microsoft for those wondering. Came from IBM. TC there was $220k so this was a big jump for me. But now I feel stuck.
- Funny, i have an in interesting prop the other way. Decent offer from Ibm...how do they compare to MS, girlpowerr, culture wise. I am l65 here with 15 years off/on at MS (couple startups and one other Enterprise company) and being considered in the C band (told that is Vp) in watson2.0. Would i b superFeb 2, 2018 0
- F5 Networks dorian400k TC/Y? Sheeeeeeiiiiit, I'd marry the fuck out of you and wash all the dishes. Money clearly is not making you happy.
- Amazon / Eng pornmoreThis is the braggiest 1% problem if I've ever heard one. Seriously wtf is wrong with you, OP?
Hey guys, I'm making $2MM. :( I don't know what to do with my life and all this money. What do you guys think? I think I can really use some jealousy from strangers to fuel me.
- New GogohmoreIdiot! The OP has been replying clarifying her intentions. You obviously have a jealousy issue with her TC and cannot look beyond that. Go browse some comp threads.
OP, my suggestion is to look at big companies but on specific orgs that are more innovative. You probably need to invest time in networking and attending some of the tech conferences. I wish you well.Jan 29, 2018 0
- Y work in a company if u have so much success in ur career ??? Y can’t u be an entrepreneur, don’t have the guts or brains ??
- Bring Ruckus / Mktg ruckmoreActually...if you want to get involved in startups, then Angel invest. And you’ll learn quickly how much of a shitshow startups are and you won’t have to leave your 1% job to learn that lesson.
- If you want money, start your own company. That’s the only way you’ll truly be wealthy
- A website seems like a decent start. Anyways, I have to agree with most of the commenters. My advice is that you stay in big tech. Continue to excel at your day job, and direct your free time to social and philanthropic causes. Personally, I am involved in mentoring. This has been very fulfilling. Look for an adolescent child from inside or outside of your social circle that is less fortunate than you and could benefit from from your experience and advice. See them through, and consider sponsoring their education.
- Pinterest pDLy16I wonder what would it take for us to understand that if $400k does not bring satisfaction/happiness then it’s probably not about money.. an we still keep chasing it in hope that some day we’ll be rich. I am not saying this to op, its for all of us including me. It makes me sad.
- PayPal / Eng donzeoYour post is all about making more money while all your comments are about feeling like you’re changing the world... makes no sense. The only way to have impact and potentially rake in money is startups. Aka you answered your own question in the original post...
- It's the feeling of being trapped doing something you're not passionate about because of money. Doing startups and taking on risk by lowering compensation is one way out. I was hoping to post here, to get more options. So far I've heard of working at innovation labs, doing freelance, and taking on philanthropy. So I'm pretty happy with the suggestions
- At IBM I was launching Enterprise products. So when I made the decision to leave I interviewed with a several companies.
Some startups that were doing industry disruptive things, but offers were $150k ranged. Some midsize companies had large aspirations and VP level influence, but offered $200k. Then Microsoft came along and offered $400k for the same IBM role of launching Enterprise products, which don't get me wrong affects external markets, but the goals within large companies like Microsoft is less about innovation and taking risks and more about politics/shareholders/competitor parity.Jan 27, 2018 3
- I make less than half of what you do, with just as much experience. But, I'm happy, I love what I do and I love going back for more. If someone offered me 400k for a job that didn't excite me, I'd probably say no!