What do you guys do exactly?
TOP 17 Comments
- Careem / Eng car.inWe are/were competitor of Uber in MENA region. Besides ride hailing, we have products like CareemNow for food delivery, CareemBus for bus reservation and we operate in around 120 cities in 16 different countries.
- I used to work there as well. It was my first job as a new grad. It’s a pretty cool company. Not many tech companies like it in Dubai.
- Salaries for engineering in Dubai anywhere between 65k USD to 150k USD tax free for the first 5-6 levels, not sure about higher positions. Add to that stock options, unlimited vacation, bonuses every 6 months (cash or options or mix but nothing major). Flexible work hours with remote work options every once and a while.
There is a good amount of diversity overall but in tech, depending of the team, but you might find some that are majority from Pakistan (where we also have another engineering office) or Egypt and India, but over time it's been diversifying more.
Tech stack backend mostly Java but some teams have or moving to python, nodejs, and a few more here and there. Mobile is kotlin and swift.Mar 26 1
- Interesting. The salaries are a bit on the low side compared to Silicon Valley and given that Dubai is an expensive city.
Does the company provide housing allowance? What about a car for commute? Careem credit?
Any idea how the frontend teams operate at Careem and what tech they use?Mar 27 0
- Not sure what the salaries are in the valley, but even after considering that there is no income tax?
There is no separate allowance for anything really, we do get some Careem credit every couple of months depending on how much we grew. I believe for principle engineers there might be an allowance for kids schooling but I'm neither that nor a parent.
Frontend web no idea but I remember hearing angular, not sure though.Mar 27 0