I recently had an interview with Apple @Austin and it went well. I heard back from the HR and hiring manager and they are about the roll out an offer soon.
Cosidering that fact that i have never worked for Tier A companies (FAANG), i really do not have any idea on how much to ask for things like Base Pay, Sign on, Bonus and RSU's.
I do have one more offer from other company at Austin which is paying 130K base and target bonus is around 15-20K.
Based on the above stats, appreciate a lot if you awesome guys can fill me what would be a good deal for me.
Apple Position Applied for: Technology Operations
My profile: 11 YOE
- Broadcom Ltd. bm2msef220k base in Austin is impossible with Apple! In fact i doubt anybody would pay that much base for semicon in Austin
- That might be true based on which org/team you are applying. Most of the SWE don’t have hiring freeze but in my team our headcount was 4 now they reduce to 2..
- Apple AELFSOYJAM@op.. i think you should ask “how much you will get?”.. did you share your numbers to them..? If not get ready to get lowball... what level it is ICT3 or 4..?
ICT3in Bay Area maxout at $130-170k(I think)... I had offer from other brand (not from Fang)... which 35k more base ...they said “take it or leave it..” this 2 years ago....
Anyways just want to let you know if you don’t have offer from FGN then they won’t negotiate unless you did very amazing.. plus they will exploit the fact that you coming from non-fang
Someone just posted 5 yoe big data engineer in Bay Area
150 k salary
Sign on bonus: 30 k
- Thanks for the info! I did mention to them that i have an offer from another company, and the HR was alrwady trying to low ball me saying that apple gives RSU’s and stuff.
Anyways, i’ll wait and see what they come out with.
One thing that they did specify is that they were on a hiring freeze and making an exception to get me on board. I am not sure if they are honey combing me, but is it true that AAPL is going through a rough patch now?
- Lyft TEHm35Yeah I second that - no way you are getting 200k base in Austin . Also is this an engineering or operations role ?
- @apple Folks! Is there some kind of Hiring Freeze. I am waiting for an offer to be released. HR and Hiring manager have told that there is a freeze and they are working fast to get through the last mile to release the offer. Not sure if this for real, or they are actually honey combing me!!