One telephonic + 7 rounds face to face + 2 weeks for a coding challenge + 1 more telephonic because this person was too busy to show up on on-site day...... then verbal offer...::.then approval process for 6 weeks ....then hr called me today because of some re-.org we don’t know where we should put you so one more manager wants to take interview!! What the hell??!!! What they want?!! Total time wasted in this process is more than 3 months!! I hate them to the core!!
TOP 33 Comments
- Qualcomm #swemoreaceept the offer, agree on a start date. then don’t show up for the first day. That will teach them.
- If you were a better candidate they wouldn’t have had to keep being wishy-washy
- NetApp / EngontapEven my interview experience was worst with Apple(Ads team). My interview was supposed to end 3.30 PM(total 6 rounds as per schedule). Final round was with Director. After the chat he says can you wait for few mins in the meeting room. Waited almost 15 mins he showed up with another engineer and had interview for an hour and 15 mins. WTF.. so unprofessional. Director wasn’t even polite enough to ask they are going to have one more interview..
- Adobe snow jmoreOPExactly.. they are not hiring to build rockets.. after 9 people’s opinion they decided to give verbal offer then what made them change their mind and need for one more round of interview.. If I was not a good candidate they would have definitely rejected!! I m venting because I was hoping to get offer letter by this week and now everything depend on this one more round! That’s why wondering what they want!!
- Heard about hiring cuts at Apple ..anybody knows if IMG team is in trouble or not with the reorg or hiring cuts. I have got an offer from IMG and background check is in progress will get formal offer letter after that, HR is responsive and says everything is on track..
- Apple Icml2017This is not good and quite irritating for the candidate. However the interview process at Apple is very much team specific. In my team, it’s 1 (or 2) phone interviews followed by an on-site interview. Usually decision is reached with 2-3 days and the first offer (or rejection) is communicated within a week. I have rarely seen an exception to this.
- Literally got an InMail from an Infosys recruiter for the same opportunity. Looks like they are looking to find someone better than you for the same role
- New / EngL.inkYou posted before wondering why it was taking so long after verbal offer. Mainly it was shutdown, but obviously this reorg happened as well. What happens next is up to you and how you want to view it. If they didn't still want you, they would have said so. Sometimes there are reorgs, it happens. Unfortunately it happened right at offer for you.
So you can either explore the new team (most likely the next "round" would be chatting with the new hiring manager to learn about team and interest, not more technical stuff). Or just tell them you are passing and move on.