I am a new grad phd.
I got an offer from Apple in cupertino like this.
plus annual bonus and refresher.
Is it good to take?
I have not negotiated yet.
- Netflix Johnny5Check out Netflix after a few years if you want to get a sense of top of market for video engineering. It’s far above that offer once you have a few years under your belt and a PhD.
- The options expire 10 years after the date given. The strike price is the street price on the day of the grant which is the 1st trading day of each month. This means they are worth nothing the day you get them. The cost for an option is 40% of the strike price. So if stock is $500, each option costs $200. If you elected to put $120k into options for 2019, $10k per month is used to purchase the options automatically. You cannot trade the actual option. They must be exercised instead.
- This is a good offer. However keep in mind video engineering doesn’t have work life balance. You run 24/7.
- Apple 867530nineSuper solid offer. Not sure there’s much for improvement without a competing offer though.
- Getting a competing offer is the way to go. If nothing else ask them about sign on bonus flexibility and make sure to reiterate you’re very happy to get an offer.
- This is what is a typical offer for 3-5 years experience after a BS. So it is pretty decent. Base is really good. Top 10% end of base for ict3. Most folks get 140-150k base
- For bonus they were very careful when I asked how much it was, I guess it isn’t pegged at a level. They tried to say it was near 15% when I really pushed them but they always said we can’t commit to this and was afraid to make direct statements.
- +1 : mine was only 5k which is only 3% of income!! Bonus depends on how much does the manager like you.
Flagged by the community.