I accepted offer with Apple about couple of weeks ago.
What happens if I reject it now?
- Nvidia Trump2020!moreWell, you piss off a recruiter and a manager and a team full of people. I wouldn’t remember you kindly if you did that to me. Personally, I’d remember your name and disregard it for future employment opportunities.
It’s really unprofessional. You better have a really good reason. A better job offer is not a good reason.
- Credit Karma / Strategy SrfrBoi69moreApple can’t take any legal action against you, of course, “nothing” would really happen, but it’ll be near impossible to get a job at Apple in the future.
- Apple wa95014We had a candidate do this to us.
Definitely gets noted in the candidate profile. Recruiters look at your candidate profile when you apply.
There’s no official blacklist for this, but you can expect that people at apple will need a good reason to take a risk on you in the future and there are 1000 other people that haven’t burned them, waiting to take a job at apple.
What they’ll probably assume is that you wanted a paper offer to negotiate two offers against each other and once you had what you wanted, you withdrew.
Do what’s best for you, but understand there are consequences.
- Apple fezzikThis, with a bullet. It takes a lot of team time to take a candidate all the way to the offer stage, including interviewing and debriefs. Knowing that you accepted an offer - even on a different team - and then reneged because you received a better one would mean we wouldn’t bother to make that investment on our side. It does look like you wasted a lot of the team’s time just to force a counter.
If you’re a unique enough snowflake I imagine some teams could progress to the phone screen stage but you should expect a thorough grilling on why you reneged and why we shouldn’t expect you to do the same thing again.Jul 7 1
- New / Finance ASdT78just say 'now os a good time to reveal that I'm a Trump fan. they will be happy that you rejected the offer 🤣
- I accepted an offer and had it fizzle at the last minute because of budget issues (not from apple). Companies flake all the time and it’s just how it works. They find someone better, change their mind, whatever. This time you found something better. Fuck em.
- Maybe it’s my age but I’ve seen so many layoffs and and bad managers and bad policies and companies have never once apologized or taken ownership. They are nameless nonhuman for profit entities. Why is there an expectation that I care about their feelings.
As far as I am concerned employment is time for money as long as is mutually beneficial. No more and no less.
- Apple PTSE75You’ll be fine.
You will most likely never get hired for the team/HM you are rejecting.
Other teams or Apple as a whole couldn’t care less. There are always option B,C.. for most roles. I would urge you do inform the recruiter ASAP so that some other soul might at least get reconsidered for a job at Apple.
- Nothing will happen long term, other than you having the knowledge that many people find your ethics to be weak
- Apple guenrAlways do what's good for you..I've heard many companies including apple, Oracle, Microsoft, Qualcomm etc turning down their offer after the candidates had signed the offer..
Edit: apple doesn't track any of the interview stuff, in the sense, they don't have the record of who denied, who denied after accepting, etc..