Have offers from them.
Apple is ICT4 TC about 300k.
LinkedIn is Senior Engineer, TC is about the same.
Which one is better and why?
In terms of perk, LinkedIn seems nicer, free food and unlimited PTO
While Apple has no free food and less PTO, but I heard the refreshers are really good.
I don't care about free food much, I don't like travel so the PTO is not that important for me.
I do want to reach 400k TC in 5 years.
Apple with good refreshers sounds promising.
For LinkedIn I have to be promoted to Staff to break 400k.
Have offers from them.
- Unlimited PTO is not really a plus. It just means when you leave, the company will not pay you for your PTO balance.
400K TC should be easy in either companies in 5 years.
- Well... I know some guys in Amazon got to SDE3 (L6) which is also a Senior title, in 3 to 4 years.
It's not about how many YOE, a guy can have 10 years YOE yet still get offered a junior role in FAANG.
What more important is how many YOE ones have on really good experiences. 4 yoe in FAANG is definitely valued more than 4 YOE in noname company.
- Amazon forcefullyWhat are Seniors at Zillow usually like yoe-wise? I'm at top-of-band Amazon SDE II comp with 3yoe and Zillow recruiter said they'd interview me for Senior bc their SDE II wouldn't match my comp.
Also, LinkedIn (and Salesforce) have title inflation so most ppl's SDE II is their "Senior MTS."
- @op which org...? At apple.. you will get nothing till next September 2020 unless you have significant impact. Apple review cycle for this year deadline is April 15/22 not sure exact date... plus you are getting really good salary for yoe... I have frds who just joined apple base and everything is lower than you with more yoe... don’t count refresher unless written on paper... and it depends on org team etc
I have heard great thing about LI WLB n perks..
- ISS, yeah I know about the review cycle. That's fine since I have sign up bonus to cover that part.
I also think this package is ready good. But LinkedIn is equally good on money...
Currently I am leaning to Apple because
1. I like Apple more than LinkedIn as the brand.
2. Commute is slightly easier for me.
3. I am interested in the projects / products I will be working on. It's one of the newly announced service in special event few weeks ago. Sounds like high profile.
- Senior at LinkedIn is very wide level. Anything inbetween 2-8 years exp. Its somewhat similar to MTS-3 at VMW.
ICT4 at Apple is overlap of Sr. MTS and Staff level of VMW
Meeting expection at Apple for ICT4 can get you decent refresher while I believe it would be hard to get any refresher for first couple of review cycles at Ll.
Also consider teams. System and Infra is known real deal at Ll. Make sure you understand work and team at Apple also.
Hope this helps.
- You don’t care about free food (sure okay) but how do you not care about PTO? I’m worried about you
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Good for you for the offer. On the dark side, of you enter Apple as ICT4 and just 4yoe, you have a big challenge ahead of you to get any promotion. There will be probably several ICT4 in your org that initiated important framework or wrote patents while you were still in high school. They are in line for ICT5, and overtaking them is possible but not so easy. Good luck.
- LinkedIn / Eng goldenhandHonestly, there are no bad choices here. If you're good, its definitely possible to reach Staff in 5 years, where TC can go over 400. If MSFT stock keeps doing well, it can reach 500k as well. Wlb & perks are pretty good here, & people are mostly smart & helpful. OTOH, Apple has better refreshers & you are saying that the team is promising. Toss a coin.
- What’s the base, stocks, sign on bonus break down, I can tell you from there if it’s an IC3 or 4
- Apple airbookOp which org at LinkedIn? I personally feel linkedin is a better place for software people
- ETC Enterprise Talent Consulting (or is it ETS, s stands for service)
Kinda surprised to see the poll result, I always thought Apple has better reputation than LinkedIn. Well, I guess Apple still a hardware company.
However, I am betting software service is going to be a new pillar of revenue for Apple. ISS seems doing quite well.