Who do so many of them go to jail? How does one make a conscious decision to participate in insider trading? Is it because the laws are murky and difficult to understand or is it just purely greed?
TOP 29 Comments
- Dude... Is your real estate agent immoral for convincing some poor scrub to buy your shit house for the highest price the market can match? Even if the agent knows your house is a sack of shit?
Doesn't actually matter. The real estate agents job is to sell your house. Not to be moral.
Same with ib people. Their sole job is to make their clients happy, or get sued by their clients. Morality isn't part of their job description.
Makes the problem more complicated when the customer here is your pension plan funds and university endowment funds seeking to make a higher return on their money so that you can get paid more when you retire.
Is it right for a banker to sell a piece of shit on a pension plans balance sheet to another ignorant investor at the highest price possible? Who the fuck knows
- I dunno. Hypothetical. I knew my house was leaking but asked the agent to cover it up and sell it. It was up to the buyer to do the diligence and find the leak. Buyer didn't, signed a non Conditional offer. Agent was so good, he got the buyer to bid 10 percent higher than asking. Now it's not my problem anymore.
In this case, was the agent immoral? I dunno. I would say it's equally immoral for the agent to represent me and not sell my property at the highest price.
- Is it immoral to willfully conceal material information from a deal? Yes, because it amounts to scamming someone.
No, the agent is not immoral if they object to scamming people on your behalf.
Everything can be rationalized one way or another. Stop being dishonest by rationalizing your shady ways.
- If the law doesn't explicitly state that I'm doing something illegal, then it's not my problem. As the dude said in the movie margin call, we are selling products at fair market value, which is whatever the next person wants to pay for it.
You as a buyer have the right to do diligence, that's entirely on you. If you want to forgo diligence to close faster, that's your problem, not mine. I'm not going to help you with your diligence plan when I have 5 other buyers lined up to buy it.
- Microsoft Stack🖕floLol Uregentpiza youre a sack of shit of a human being. You scammed someone selling your home. I hope the dirty money helps you sleep at night. Karma eventually has a way of catching up, trash like you have a way of making enemies instead of friends.
Its called having morales, man. only psychopaths dont give a fuck when they screw another human over.7d1
- Not many of them are amoral
The finance industry is the most regulated of all, it's just that it has a big reach so when someone fucks up they fuck up big time and it makes the news
Real estate or art dealing for example have corruption and side dealings many orders of magnitude above finance but it's less in the spotlight