Do you consider Indians to be the modern slaves in the US (or at least volunteering to be Slaves) ?
Does the following strategy sound realistic?
Lure Indians to the US in massive numbers on H1B, don’t bother adding country cap there.
Make them do all the work for which we don’t have the labor/talent.
Don’t ever give them a green card , point them to the arcane country cap rule, if they complain. Suspend h1b premium processing so that they are forced to stay in their current job. Lack of green card helps to keep them stressed. Further, cancel the H4 EAD to take away their spouses’ independence.
Take their tax money and feed that to the red heads. Let the red heads discriminate and blame them for stealing their jobs.
They don’t vote so who cares. Their own country is a shit hole packed with people, so they won’t ever go back no matter what we do to them. 😈
It does sound unfair that the US government sucks taxes from high earning Indian immigrants for decades and throws them away whenever it wants.
While it keeps illegals, brings a ton of people other countries or via chain migration that don’t bring much value and enjoy benefits that comes from above the immigrants’ tax money.
- Microsoft elpwcnxbThis is just laughable compared to the horrendous conditions workers from Latin America endure to come here and work in the fields.
- the current "socialist" system favors the immigrants over the country (america). the means of producing new GC-holders are owned by existing GC-holders (via chain immigration).
a more "capitalist" immigration system would favor the country over the immigrants. the means of production would be up for grabs. folks willing to work hard so they pay more taxes, be responsible and unlikely to become a public charge, and embed meaningful roots in the US (schools, houses, country club memberships, etc).
note that a functioning asylum program is also important. however, it needs to have a separate pool. the quota math is too hard if you clump all kinds of new-mericans into a single bucket.
- @elpwcnxb you have no idea about chain migration. 67% of the people immigrate to the US via chain migration.
Only 13% of the immigration is employment based. All the international cab drivers, shop owners, asian masseuse, etc. here you see have come here via chain migration. They are highly unskilled, barely pay any tax, and take away unskilled american jobs. They add absolutely no value to this country, while hard working, high skilled Indians wait forever for green card. If it goes on like this US will lose its position as the world leader.
- Capital One tamudevBull shit. They get out of their crap hole and earn citizenship after a number of years and a test. They can still buy houses and enjoy the fruits of their labor as well as American life.
However, they arent citizens so they shouldn’t get a vote. Talk about voter fraud.
What if China decided to do this? They fund business to take on employees who will vote in their favor and turn elections.
You people are headed for a one world government faster than two bunnies can make three.
We can’t expect someone who lives in India for 20+ years, has family there, friends there, and various financial or emotional investments at stake to do what is best for our country.... when it comes down to India vs America. Unless it’s a one world gov and all your precious salary goes to feed the people illegitimately categorizes as injured or disabled just because they don’t want to work. (Not knocking real disabilities here)
Want to be an American? Work for it, someone in our family tree had to at some point. Be the hero and help your lineage. And if their happy with being poor, afterwards they can get on welfare like everyone else out there. For now at least
- This is another disgusting lie told by white Americans.
The fact is, before 1925, as long as you were white without serious disease, you showed up at Ellis Island for less than a day, you became an American. The admission rate was higher than 99%. Between 1925 and 1965, it became harder for people from south and east Europe, but still as easy for northwest Europeans.
Now tell me what day did your ancestor spend a day or less to take the medical exam?Nov 27, 20183
- No immigration has ever been easy. Period. I speak conversational German, am white, and I’d be treated like a 3rd class citizen if I showed up in Switzerland to get permanent residence. It’ll take 12 years at least. Discrimination...prejudice...all common in all immigration in every country. Even the first generation Cubans hated the second generation Cubans in the US.
All of this is typical in group vs out group dynamics. However, look at the bright side. No immigrant skilled trade wave has ever been granted such a high quality of life as tech has awarded everyone that shows up on our shores. There is some solidarity there.
- The prevailing wage for H1b in tech is 130,853. That’s not slavery. We’re reaching peak entitlement. Let’s end the program now and let people find easier, higher paying jobs in Bangalore.
- Why do people always think that employers are doing a favor to employees by paying them their salary.
Companies aren’t fool, they won’t pay you x if you don’t produce 1.5x worth of value.
I bet US will see at least some kind of trouble if all the Indians left overnight. So please stop being condescending about the salary.
- This is called gangster mentality. The gangsters always claim they are doing a favor no matter whether they are the buyer or the seller. When China sell product to the US at low price, Trump and Pence claim they are ripping US off and stealing US jobs. When Chinese students who are more qualified than their American counterparts pay full tuition to attend US universities, Pence said it is America doing China a favor by educating their kids.
You see that’s how gangsters think. No matter if you are buying or selling, they think they are showing mercy and doing you a favor (by not killing you and take your money or goods).Nov 27, 20185
- It is slavery. Although Indians were not forced to come here, they were cheated and scammed to come here.
They were lured here by the fake description of the land of immigrants from US government propaganda programs like VOA, and the false promise of green card from recruiters, immigration lawyers and USCIS visa bulletin. Most of them didn’t realize they were scammed until they are here. By the time they realized, many of them, especially those with kids, are already deeply rooted in America and difficult to move out of slavery.
If VOA starts admitting half of Americans are racist against Indians in Hindi and Tamil, and if US companies, lawyers and USCIS can tell potential hires the fact that they will never get a green card and may be kick out of America at any time. I would consider this a consensual choice, not slavery.
- Deloitte / ConsultantayyylmaomoreNewsflash: if you think conditions for Indian h1bs are tantamount to slavery, YOU CAN STAY IN INDIA.
- DigitalOcean HomeAloneSlaves with million dollar houses with Tesla in driveway. Indians on H1B need to get their heads checked if they are comparing themselves to slaves.
You stood in line at U.S. embassy for "temporary", "non-immigrant" work visa. Please don't relate temporary to slavery.
- Apple mkpoySlaves being paid on the order of 100-500k on avg? Slaves getting 5-30x what they’d make had they not come? Slaves who have willingly come and willingly stay? Interesting hypothesis.
- Microsoft / ProductTacoBossIt is slavery but don't expect others to have empathy. A few non Indians do and I'm appreciative.
At the end of the day the worst that can happen is we lose our job and go back to India. It's fine work for MAGA or FANG or other tech companies there.
In the meantime pursue financial independence here. Stay positive..
- Assuming Indians in the tech sector, yes they are slaves/servants brought here to work in sub human conditions of clean offices and free drinks and food and slaving away getting a substance wage in the top 3% of the rest of the population.
- If I was Indian I would work in Australia, Canada, UK, Germany, Netherlands, or Sweden. The h1b situation is unfortunate and you shouldn't subject yourself to such bullshit, but it's no where near slavery.
- No. Slaves are owned and therefore have no freedom. The closest system to slave work is the kafala sys in the middle east.
Which makes me wonder why don't Indians complain about working conditions in the gulf countries, where this system exists, yet complain about the US.
The kafala system is still not slavery because the workers are paid.
Go ask an African American what slavery really is, or an Irish American. Then you'll know.
Bonded labor is not the same as slavery and h1-b is not even bonded labor.
- What makes you think indians don’t complain about it?? the indian government has a separate group to help them. They are not on blind though. If we are talking about people experiencing slavery in the past, indians have been traded as slaves for a long time. Hell, Hindu Kush mountains = Valley of death for Hindus, who were sent as slaves to the Middle East, most likely in the millions.Nov 29, 20180
- There is dignity in labour. I have respect for Indians as they are the globe's employees... That's kind of their thing.
If so many are employed so widely there will be some who are abused and some who aren't.
This is the same for other nationalities. Some people are underemployed, underpaid, exploited etc. Especially in very capitalistic societies.
Is there a deliberate conspiracy to punish Indians who seek employment outside? I don't think so.
I just don't agree that being in exploited employment, when you have the power and ability to leave, equates to slavery.
Especially not with respect to the Indian techies experience in the US.
From a global perspective, Indians in the US are in a very privileged position compared to Indians outside the US.
- I wish indians would stop using the word slave because it has such toxic and ugly past in the us. The more appropriate word would be indentured servants or being treated like second class immigrants. Whether you like Indians or not, it’s toxic for any human being that follows the law, to see others that break the law get rewarded, while you are being punished for following the law. There is discrimination in the immigration process and it’s so haphazard, human beings cannot plan their lives. It would be much kinder if the us government to just stop all immigration. It’s like a bad marriage really and the longer you stay in the US, the tougher it is to return to your home country.
- since i'm being taxed without representation, i consider it charity. effectively paying 1/3rd of income as charity. feels good man.
- High skilled Indians earn 500k on average.One must produce $1 million worth of value to get paid that much, companies ain’t no fool.
500k means 170k of tax money sucked by US government each year, why aren’t they still getting green card even after a decade. Their tax money is enjoyed by the whole country but them. Then the low wage citizens blame them for stealing their jobs, while in reality they are incompetent to get those jobs . That sucks.
If I was an Indian I would have shown my middle finger to the US govt and left for some country that has a fair immigration system.
As someone mentioned above the US seems to be a capitalist country with socialist immigration, which sounds messed up