With all the ethics and/or the harassment issues, are uber employees hireable at other organizations?
TOP 40 Comments
- Uber paid_shillNope. We are all harassers. You should maintain a 100 ft distance from all of us, and seek counselling if, god forbid, any of us shakes hands with you.
- What I am saying is your sarcasm isnt very useful here. Basically, it is legitimately hard to screen for the problems that some employees at uber have. It is obvious that not all uber employees are bad. But the problem is how many were involved in the bad things and how many did not do anything about it. This is like a bag of m&ms where only one is poisoned. The extra care you have to go through to find the potential bad one simply isnt worth it.
- Intuit GTOYes. This is like asking if you can trust a Tesla employee because Elon can’t keep up the promises.
- 1. So since a handful of people may be bad in an entire company of dozens of thousands of people, by that "reasoning" you would also reject blacks and hispanics because of crime statistics. What a horrible, horrible policy.
2. Google did worse shit. Where is your outrage at Google?Nov 23, 2018 2
- Uber XQXB30Anecodtally I get 6-7 emails from recruiters per week (FAANG, startups, etc). I think that sufficiently classifies as "hirable"
- Thanks for the feedback. It was inappropriate for me to ask about this. It was truly dumb.
- Sounds like OP never hires Black and Hispanic people because of crime statistics, and is therefore prejudiced him/herself. Over here accusing someone of something awful, but OP is doing the exact thing but 1.5x worse.
- Unbelievable. This stuff only unfolded a year and a half ago. There have been dozens of thousands of Uber employees before then, and many new ones with not much of a choice. You should then have the same stance towards Google employees as well, as they have had harassment claims swept under the rug.
"It is obvious that not all uber employees are bad.... This is like a bag of m&ms where only one is poisoned. The extra care you have to go through to find the potential bad one simply isnt worth it."
- that is the same logic that is used by racists or whatever they call themselves to not hire candidates based on ethnicity and past events.