I have 2 YOE and TC is 92k at a relatively small town in Texas. Have side project on Github with more than 800 stars(I know this is useless when it comes to finding a job). Been LC really hard also.
I am looking for software companies in Austin which pay good. I have applied to:
1. Retailmenot: recruiter called last week and HM decided not to move forward
2. Adobe: Interviewing stage but it's not really Adobe. It's Magento and HM said they rely heavily on PHP.
3. Amazon: Onsite next month but not sure even if I get an offer can I ask to be relocated to Austin? Alexa Team
4. Google: Phone Interview...but I kind of bombed it. Still waiting for response.
5. Facebook: Recruiter reached out and said FB is only hiring 5+ years and new grad for now.
6. Homeaway: I applied but they are looking for senior. No response.
7. Apple: Applied for a lot of positions last week. Still no response.
8. Indeed: Applied for a lot of positions. Radio silence.
So any recommendations? Any companies in Austin I could apply for? Thanks.
- Amazon / Eng tendersFor amazon I would clarify with the recruiter that you will not relocate to Seattle. That will save you time from reinterviewing for the Austin teams
- Which position did you apply for at google Austin? Just wondering because there aren’t many technical positions
- Adobe —- don’t ask them more money. They rejected me in negotiation phase .. saying got better candidate for lesser ask.
- WPEngine, Lendinghome, Duo, VISA, Cloudflare, Bazaarvoice, Optimizely, Spredfast
- Capital One HotshotGGmoreThat's unfortunate lol. They want no experience or a decent amount of experience but nothing in between. So it seems they'd rather not take the time for you to learn unless you're fresh off campus. Seems odd. But probably specific to Austin since California has all ages of engineers.Feb 20 0