220TC to 290TC (excluding 70k join in bonus)
70% of me says not worth it. What says u?
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- I say - worth it.
Now let few more random strangers give you some random advise.
- Google / EngShaktiman’moreThat’s additional 4k per month post tax. It’s lot of money and there are more tech opportunities in Seattle.
- Kenshoo / MktgIncogneedoBased on your description, definitely Austin. You would know more than me about life in Austin but it’s often voted #1 in lists of best places to live on the U.S. I can’t imagine a scenario where Seattle wins over Austin
- OP hates rain/ cold.. don’t worry. It’s sunny 90% of th time with the occasional showers.
- Winter is pretty good if you are into winter sports. Lots of Asians, Eastern Europeans and Americans in the ski resorts which are less than an hour distance from Seattle and surrounding cities. I don’t see many Indians when skiing so I guess you may not like it if you are from India. Lots of great ski resorts are driving distance including Whistler and some in Oregon.
- If you are Asian or Indian, Seattle is a pretty good city to live in. Huge Indian population (like almost half of school kids have parents from India). Lots of Asian groceries and restaurants due to historical Japanese immigrants (so many sushi restaurants). Decent Russian population (not just engineers). If you are black or latino, you may not like the demographics here since they are very rare and most of black people are African immigrants. If you enjoy the diversity, it has very good balance in the eastside of Seattle. A lot of mixed race couples and their kids (usually Asian and white). Very high income neighbors which makes the town safe and people you encounter are educated (not necessarily friendly though).
- Paychex 1AzCalculate how much you will save if you stay at Austin and Seattle. Then make your mind. If it was me if I will save 15%+ I would go. + I like changes myself so that’s a plus for me.
- You’ve already answered your own question based on your responses. Here is a recent local news article to bolster your decision:
- OP are you married? Have kids, what’s the family dynamics? How old kids if there are any etc
- If you let money only factor in such different places, you will get what you deserve
- What role is this? And company? 220tc is pretty slick !! I'm in Austin too and love this city. But I wouldn't mind Seattle area too..
- Amazon jsneidnidWhich company? I would personally place greater emphasis on switching out from Intel.
- Naw. Watch Seattle traffic on g-maps starting Jan 11. Also there are 50,000 homeless here no shit. Is there a wooded area near your work/home? It has a drug camp in it guaranteed. They cleaned up several full 5 gal buckets of needles at one camp near Facebook in Queen Anne last year.