I need help deciding between these 2 offers.
TC for first year: 234K (160K base + 15% target bonus + 100K RSUs / 4 years + 25K signing bonus).
Average TC for next 3 years: 209K
TC for first year: 248K (158 base + 80K cash bonus + 5% of ~170K in stocks)
Average TC for next 3 years: 233K
I haven't done any negotiations yet. These are the initial offers.
* I liked the team more than the AWS one (new team working on a new project).
* From what I hear (even the impression I had visiting both offices) WLB/culture seem better at Microsoft.
* L63 seems to be on the higher bracket of L5 (between L5 and L6), so probably positioned better for promotions.
* The leading cloud platform.
* Slightly better pay.
Let me know your thoughts, mainly on 2 points:
1. Which offer do you think is better overall?
2. How much room for negotiation do you think I have?