Thinking of taking December off, spend ~3 weeks backpacking and spend week of Christmas back at home.
Any backpackers out there have any suggestions where to go solo traveling? Open to any location and prefer ground transportation within the route before flying back home. Looking to experience authentic local culture, cuisine and diverse atmosphere.
- Microsoft / Product@zzzThis was my only way of travelling for a long time. Traveled solo, made lots of friends, stayed local, Some of the best backpacking trips I have done - turkey, Mexico, Guatemala, Scotland, equador and galapagos, Vietnam.
- Sounds awesome! I have a small taste of backpacking but not solo. Covered some of Spain, Turkey and Thailand in one trip. Loved it. Kinda thinking to venture out to south america this time since I have never been there so Guatemala and Ecuador sound really good but gotta figure out a route to fit ~ 3 weeks.
- You can try equador. Peru honestly is too touristy now. Everyone goes there. Ofcourse no maccu piccu, but plenty of stunning places, colonial towns. I also did Galapagos, which is expensive, but totally worth it.
3 weeks should be plenty for either Guatemala or equador, to chalk out an itinerary. They are small countries. I usually check rough guides or lonely planet, to get an idea, but then mostly figure it out myself.
- If doing South America you have to check out Colombia! Amazing country (Medellin, Cartagena, and San Andres islands...just to name a few)
I’m from Argentina, can give you plenty of tips about our country...usually it is expensive to travel from country to country (compared to EU or SEA) so try to cover one or two countries top!
Brazil is highly recommended as well.
It also depends if you are into a cultural trip, or beach trip, or drugs, or landscape and natural beauties
- eBay / EngEatingthemThrough and through Yosemite is good. Should take you about 10-11 days. Machu picchu is great, I am not sure about the rainy weather though!
- Google zFsy57machu picchu is nice. Have you checked out rei adventures or
- You should check out Vietnam or Japan, I’ve done both and the food, culture, people are amazing! Let me know if you want recommendations. Overall Asia is a fantastic choice
- Intel / EngplebGo to Venezuela and buy half a country with your TC and live like a king. Now's the time. Buy and hodl !
- South east asia my friend. Cheap as F and super rich culturally speaking.
I’ve dine SEA and EU! Next one i want it to be Eastern Europe, North Asia, or Central Asia!