I read this article, it's making me think - if I can't afford SF prices I can just buy in east bay and commute to sf right? I have a family so I want to look for a surburban area. I'm looking at Oakland, San Leandro, Hayward in my price range currently.. Can't afford union city, Fremont, pleasanton, or castro Valley :( what do you think? I've been going to open houses for a while and found an agent to help recently.
TC ~200-300 (for anonymity)
- LinkedIn / EnggoldbugmoreTC 200K you can afford $1M. There are plenty of SFH under $1M in Daly City, South SF or even some parts of SF. I don’t know why you have to go to east bay.
- Qualcomm DwyerAndyTC 200k you cannot do 1M. Please be conservative. My advice is to find something walkable from a Bart station.
- Google ⚪How important are schools to you? If you have kids and not planning on private school, wise choice would be smaller house in a good school area. You can find a decent 1500+ sqf 3-bed home for 900k in Dublin or 1M in Pleasanton or condo for 700K
- how is San Leandro inner Bay Area??? It’s like claiming oracle is top tier company
- Marin county is super nice but the homes there are expensive and no good public transportation