Which company has the best work-life-TC balance?
295 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
TOP 37 Comments
- Google / EngeYtS65Google is the only realistic answer here. I would say the majority of SWEs here work 40 hours per week at the most and many don’t do shit, while still banking 250k+.
- I worked at G & MS before in different teams and a few startups before that. Now at FB. And I tell ya, nothing can beat MS ever.
G/FB are the same from my experience and WLB solely depends on the team. But at FB you have the luxury to choose the team during bootcamp with best WLB for you. Plus at FB Seattle there’s a lot of older ex-MS folks with families and kids. Ah, and same salaries as in the Bay.
- There are teams with good WLB everywhere. Choose teams with mostly older people that are married with kids. They won’t want to sacrifice their lives for their jobs at that point.
- These are companies with 10s of thousands of people. Experience will vary. Amazon is the only outlier as they do not believe in wlb and instead prefer the circle.
- Amazon / MgmtJeffBaizosAmazon is shit at work life balance, but it’s amazing when it comes to work life harmony.