I already have discover credit card and in search of one more. I am looking for a credit card that has no annual fee, good cashback and dont care about travel rewards.
How about Chase Freedom Unlimited?
TC: 80k, YOE: 1
- LinkedIn Zeiwkf5Why “no annual fee”? A lot of cards waive it first year. Cancel before the year is up. The initial bonus on a good card is worth about $500+.
- Uber card for restaurants and cellphone bill (free warranty), discover and chase 5% rotating categories, Amex blue for groceries, citi double cash for everything else and large purchases (has great free extended warranty)
- BofA Cash Rewards off you can afford to put 100k into Merrill Lynch or Checking/Savings. When you open a ML account that's $250 Bonus for the 100k and the card gives you $200 when you spend $1000. So effectively $450 for this scheme.
Oh yeah, the free Travel card gives you 2.625% (75% Platinum Plus bonus) on everything and the Cash back card 5.25% (75%) in one category you choose. And it can be changed every 1st of the month. You can open two Cash back credit cards so you have one chosen category for Dining and the other card for Travel or Online spending depending on future attending plans. So basically 3 cards in this scheme.
Also look into the Penfed AMEX. It gives 3% travel, etc and $100 in incidental travel expenses plus they cover your $100 fee for Global Entry or TSAPre--a no brainer to do it. The card also gives a bonus which is like $250+ when quantified. You had to be a govt employee before but now you can open the Penfed Checking, put $5 in to qualify so then you can successfully apply for the AMEX.
- Surprised that no one mentioned PayPal 2% cash back card. These are issued by synchrony bank. Customer service isn't on par with Citi, but pretty much the only other credit card that gives you 2% cash back on any category.
- New dodogoUber’s credit card if you use Uber a lot. Definitely great cash backs. Apple Card if you have an iPhone nice on large purchases.