All this hatred towards billionaires is just moderate democrats trying to defuse the socialism situation. Instead of saying high taxes for everyone to fund socialism, say high taxes on the rich and make the poor hate them. They're just trying to create an illusion of money supply so that voter confidence in their socialist policies don't die down. Also, it's a bonus that Trump being a billionaire got elected and it only helps the billionaire hatred narrative. Basically this is one of the first few attempts to keep the middle class moderate independents on their side.
- OpenTable MeliodasThere isn’t a hatred towards billionaires. Just the desire for them to pay their fair share.
If they were taxed at the rate they were taxed in the 1950’s there would be plenty of funding.
- “If you're creating jobs, it's respectable.”
So if a company eliminates a position or reduced staff or disrupts an industry and destroys existing jobs... it’s not respectable? Cool, let’s take all their companies.
“I'm not aware of any billionaires sitting on a pile of money just watching the world burn.”
I guess you don’t believe in climate change or the oil industry?
- Expedia sup!Snowflake, how many tax loopholes do you have? Do you hold shell companies in tax heavens ? Do you earn all your huge income from low taxed sources? How many shady accountants do you have cooking your books? Nah, you pay your fair share and have literally no way to lower your overall tax burden save for a few hundred dollars. Billionaires have all of the above and have a lower effective tax rate due to creative loopholing than you do. They are not paying their fair share and that’s the whole point. Were you hibernating when Panama papers leak happened?Feb 103
- New IAmPepeJust class warfare. Make the rich hate the poor.
Oppressor vs oppressed
Man vs woman
White vs color
* vs LGBT
Young vs old
R vs D
Divide and conquer is a very old and refined tactic.
- You forgot colonist vs Redcoats. Classic divide and conquer - Lol
The divide was created by 40 years of growing inequality - it’s a concrete material divide.
Business want to keep workers “flexible” and replaceable and desperate enough to take low wage work or unpaid internships or some gig economy scam.
Workers want to be able to afford rent and have medical treatment.
So, it’s an impasse.
- The Democrats bailing out Wall Street and pushing pro-business neoliberalism for 40 years was their secret plan to make 2/3rds of the population hate the billionaires 🙄
The recession that destroyed the myths of the neoliberal era caused people to stop believing all the “job creator” and “trickle down” BS from both parties.
- What do businessmen know about politics? Why should someone get to be president because he knows how to sell coffee?
- @Apple, would rather hire someone who knows only how to spend money, or someone who knows how to both make money and spend it?
Would you rather hire someone who spends most of the time talking to people, or someone who has a proven record of actually getting things done?
Would you rather hire someone who has managed a bunch of student interns, or someone who managed thousands of employees?
- @Snowflake I’d like to hire someone for the most senior position who has ample expertise and experience in the requirements for the job. Successful businessmen only know how to bend over to have their ass kissed. Trump has shown you he couldn’t negotiate his way out of a paper bag when the other party is a politician instead of an employee.Feb 110
- Uh, moderate Democrats are the Democrats who like billionaires the most. wtf are you smoking... it's the leftists who hate billionaires the most, for obvious reasons - breaking down class hierarchies is the whole goal of leftist politics
- Agree, but what I was trying to say is, Dems are making an attempt to rationalize those leftist policies and positions in the moderate voters minds. They might like billionaires, but not all of them will tell you it's a bad idea to tax them a little more, slowly turning hatred on one side to sympathy for another.
- Microsoft / EngWwjjwjshWho are these democrats you are talking about? I hope you were not referencing Blind folks because majority of Blind folks are non US citizens. They will side with democrats because of they think democrats are immigrants friendly but mindset of those people are as conservative as it can get (like way before 1960s).