Where is free speech? Feel like I’m in China or even worse
TOP 36 Comments
- There weren’t and now they are. l don’t want us to become one of them in near future. So we all have to be mindful when we express ourselves and honestly for god sake what he wants from transgender people? They go thru so much shit on daily basis you cannot even listen them without feeling so sad. I mean, show that enthusiasm to companies who are destroying the planet, money laundering banks etc...
- Your right to free speech doesn’t quash their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If your free speech creates toxicity in public forums or the workplace, it is up to the moderators to shut it down. Your rights only exist if they don’t stomp on someone else’s more fundamental rights. Our rights do exist to protect the vulnerable.
Your personal beliefs are just that - personal - and they don’t affect anyone else so long as you treat everyone fairly, civilly, and without discrimination. Sadly, in some circles, that is more often the exception and not the rule.
LGBTQ individuals are persecuted for what cisgender folks would see as unquestionable things: which bathroom to use, the gender on your identification card, your preferred name choice, and the list goes on and on. Their lives are already difficult, and TrumpWins wants the right to make it that much worse.Dec 4, 20183
- Speech doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s rights, fundamentally. To argue otherwise is to claim speech has physical substance, which opens up a lot of other arguments.
I think the founding fathers were fairly clear in their distaste for “moderators” or groups of people that dictate what is acceptable to say and what isn’t.
There are countries that have such policies (dictate what is acceptable to say, punish for saying unacceptable things), I think you should consider moving and experiencing it.
I suspect you’re stuck in a moral crusade that is blind to the ramifications of simple things like allowing people to change the gender on their ID cars, or what have you.
If you’d like, I can touch on some of them.
- I’m not on a crusade - far from it - but I do acknowledge that those in certain communities are persecuted more than others and the root cause is almost always the same: being different. We’re hard wired as humans to be exclusive, to define groups in terms of “us” and “them, as opposed to being inclusive, and we have to fight that inclination.
Everyone should feel safe to express themselves, even and especially the people who believe something that another would fight vehemently.
Speech does and can cause hostile environments, which very quickly can escalate into violating rights. I belong to a different persecuted group and have experienced this first hand, as a child and an adult.
- I can almost guarantee I belong to a group more persecuted than you historically. You and GayDude above aren't in the position to lecture me on persecution. The difference between you and I is that I don't turn myself into a victim. You're an incredibly weak person if you let people you disagree with have complete control over your life.
- Lol. Assuming you're actually gay, isn't LGBT supposed to not judge people? I gave 1 fact about myself and you immediately put me into a box and make assumptions about me.
Let's do the same to you: if you're white you have absolutely no authority to tell me what my experiences have been.
- Well, Blind is self censored by community. If you post anything negative about India, your post will disappear soon thanks to gang of people flagging it. It is much easier to post something negative about China or white Americans. Better chance the post will be uncensored by community.
- No posts bashing them? Are you even reading any? You bashed me by saying I am new yet you have not even saw any such? Trolling? Wow... that says a lot about you.
Just search Chinese and you can see a sea of posts. Most were written by Indians if not all. See this as an example: Check out this post! "Ridiculous accuse against Chinese. (Tech Lounge)"
- Looks like Adobe hires very violent people. No wonder the culture sucks over there.
- New / EngApollonThe app belongs to Blind. They can do whatever they want. You hate it? Then make your own or go to another country.
Btw free speech doesn’t mean you should be bigot racist especially coming from a minority yourself. You hate the Chinese? Then have the balls to tell that to them face to face. Use your free speech. Good luck lol