So I signed an offer before going to the Google interview and expecting to fail (I failed all the other big ones before this interview ...), but the recruiter called me today and told me they want to move forward to team matching step.
What would happen if I deny the other company's offer now? How should I handle this more professionally?
- Salesforce / EngRa’salGhulmoreJust make sure you wait until you get an offer from Google sign it etc.
- Salesforce / EngRa’salGhulmoreWell although not professional, you can always quit after that too.. Google pre match committee is notoriously slow and not a guarantee.. so don’t decline this without getting a written offer to be sure.. we get accepted offers being no shows once in awhile and it is no big deal from HM perspective.. stuff happens and it is a tough market out there..4d2
- Akamai Technologies / EngTrnIt would look unprofessional but it happens all the time.. just explain yourself by calling the recruiter. You can also make up something
- IBM void**I signed an offer because the deadline came and I didn’t have any other offers, then backed out of it when I got another offer I preferred. I couldn’t turn it down and risk not getting any other offers, but I didn’t feel guilty about finishing my other ongoing interview processes.
Be professional, but try not to personify the company, at the end of the day you have to do what’s best for you. It was a bit uncomfortable, but being fairly transparent about what went into my decision I was lucky to end things on very good terms.
- Intuit dumb@ssCompanies don’t give a second thought when they want to lay you off or find another candidate who’s willing to work for cheaper so don’t feel bad/guilty about looking after your own interest. Be nice but don’t forgo what’s best for you and your career growth. If anyone takes it personally then that’s their problem and not yours. They would do what’s best for them too if they were in your situation. Please look after your interest - the company will worry about its own interest! Hope things work out soon for you at Google and congrats! 🍾