I am a woman and I have been dated my bf for 2 years. I am fairly confident he would want to get married, but I kind of want to propose to him. However it looks like it is usually the guy who proposes. Has anyone experienced his girlfriend proposing to him or has proposed to his boyfriend? Thanks for your advice! TC: 420k
- Facebook / Eng435Proposing is stupid, just talk to him if he wants to get married and have an adult conversation instead of these childish machinations.
- Wayfair dabadooeeAll these smarts and talent yet people still think marriage is a good idea. Strip out the romanticism, you’re just agreeing to bring the government into your relationship. A divorce lawyer rejoices after every proposal.
- Google / MgmtLovedooJust be like any other girl and pressure him to propose to you or you will let your friends/parents find someone else
- Thanks for your advice everyone! I think I am going to do it. I will let you know how it goes :)
- Google / EngbachI don't understand what the big deal is around proposals. Do you think he has some proposal fantasy, that he's been dreaming about this day for years or something. Why would he care?
- Hello OP: yes off course you can propose to your bf. as a guy + based on my experience, I would only propose if there were more than 80-85% of chances that he would accept:)
I think you seem to be confident so go for it and do post back !!
- Amazon 1700zulu2 years is about the sweet spot to know if it’s going somewhere or not. You’ve dated long enough to know that you have chemistry, get along and have goals in common. You don’t need to kneel down and give him an engagement watch or anything, but you can be pretty forward about it with something like: “You know, X, you make me really happy and I would like to spend the rest of my life with you.” See how he reacts. Hopefully he’s as satisfied with you as you are with him. Good luck!
- Facebook HolidayCatI would just have a “so what do you think about our future?” kind of conversation and go from there, rather than surprising them and putting them on the spot immediately. True for both genders.