Can we use algorithmic trading using ML/AI/data analysis to predict stock prices? What are the best ways to start on this?
TOP 29 Comments
- Pandora dipthongDuh. Anyone can write code to predict stock prices. I’ve been doing it since 2007 and have been right 50.000000000001% of the time. Still on Blind yakking about TC.
- Dropbox yLAJ84Yeah, I’ve actually started a project to tackle this very problem. You in?
- Microsoft mstomaniaIf you can use ML to predict what Trump is going to tweet tomorrow, the yes.
- There are lots of cases where signal-to-noise ratio is low (individual predictions are dominated by noise), but we still think of it as 'prediction'. Eg: predicting weather (temp) more than 4 days out, predicting click-through probability of a single ad, etc.
I guess we have different definitions of what 'prediction' means.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Autodesk autodeskCan’t beat hedge funds they have people working full time and ofcourse people can’t beat their algorithms and computing power