Approached by someone on LinkedIn. Any thoughts on this company
TOP 29 Comments
- New HiringmgrStay away. Bad upper management and terrible culture. I know someone who works there and regrets it.
- It’s a good company started by McKinsey alum. Where are you based out of?
- Why is that this company is without a VP of engineering and product for so long? That should be a red flag. There is no senior development or product leadership folks. They have sold to Uber before IPO and run by consultants. No tech DNA. Stay clear.
- This is a good opportunity for you to educate yourself. Go visit UAE, Saudi, Egypt, Jordan or Pakistan. See how widespread Careem’s service is. They are literally the Uber of those countries, and with no meaningful competition.
Uber tried penetrating some of those markets and they couldn’t beat Careem, so they bought them.
- GE anon1762I have heard great things about the CEO/founder from folks who have worked with him. Not sure if he is able to infuse that in his company's culture.
- Lyft lolissiCareem is the Arab Uber, they're quite successful, but pay cash only (no equity no nuffin).
- Careem IdeaLove to hear more on this...we’ve hired some great talent in Berlin and Dubai. Founders are super cool and humble.