Changing jobs while waiting for H1B lottery result
(Posting on behalf of a friend)
I graduated this May'19 and have an offer from PayPal who filed my H1B. Recently, I received a better offer from Amazon. I am currently confused which company to join as I did not get my H1B result yet. I believe that, if it gets picked I might have to join PayPal to maintain my H1B status(not sure about this).
I have two options right now.
1. Join PayPal as of now and resign immediately (~approx 30 days) as soon as I get the H1B result.
2. Renege my PayPal offer and join Amazon directly.
I wanted to know what could be the repercussions in my situation.